Bouncing stems w/ multiple sends (bounce not including Verbs)

evil_cliff

Hey all,

I’ve starting using a lot of sends recently in my productions but the problem starts when I need to deliver to my publisher.

I’m bouncing Aux’s of All Guitars, All Drums, All Vocals etc but my bounces don’t have any of the return reverbs.

I’ve tried to solo-safe the Reverb returns with no success and I hear other instruments in the effect.

Now I know I can Bounce the actual return and have the effect in the arrangement, but when my stems go to ad agency’s they may wish to remove parts so I need every group to have its own reverb attached.

Can be achieved?

Edited by evil_cliff

If you're working with Stems and Sends, you need to use Send1 (going to Rev1) only from members of Stem1, Send2 (going to Rev2 which may or may not be the same setting as Rev1) only from members of Stem2, Send3 (going to Rev3 which may or may not be the same setting as Rev1) only from members of Stem3.

Put the Auxes with Rev1,2 and 3 in their respective Stem's Track Stack.

Now each Stem/Stack will have its separate reverb.

Thanks for your quick reply!

Ah ok, so just duplicate the return with the same verb so each set of instruments have a different channel but the same “space”?

Just to be clear I have the sends coming off of individual tracks that are then feeding into an Aux subgroup - I’m not sending from the subgroups.

If I am to put the return track in the arrange and then into a stack, would that do the same?

Edited by evil_cliff

I don't know if this might be helpful. I've been studying this Orchestra template created by Christian Henson & Jake Jackson. It's reset my perspective on "bouncing" tracks. Now I don't write orchestral music, but I've taken these ideas about routing and template structure and adapted them to my needs. YMMV. Here, in this tutorial
I've bookmarked to the spot where they print stems for a short composition Christian has just written. It's been fascinating to learn about how orchestral scores for film and television are produced. Edited by robertspectral