Is there a way to move the scroll with using the keyboard ?

qkrgusdb33

Use < and > to move forward/backward. Works in main window but can’t remember if it does in piano roll.

Also, if you open the key commands window, you can search for functions. In this case you could search forward or rewind, or scroll, transport, shuttle, etc.

Then you can see what options are configured already as well as others that aren’t, that you can add your own custom key commands to.

He doesn’t mean clicking and dragging. If you use a Magic Mouse you can scroll using the top of the mouse as a touch surface. The surface of the Magic Mouse works as a multidirectional scroll wheel. I think this is generally achieved with a two finger swipe but can be configured in mouse settings.

As far as key commands, I don’t know if there are scroll commands but you could search for scroll in the commands window.

What about using the "page" key commands? In the default U.S. key command preset they are assigned to:

• fn-Right arrow ("End" on extended keyboard) = Page Right

• fn-Left arrow ("Home" on extended keyboard) = Page Left

I use a Logictech K350 keyboard, and it seems this keyboards fn button doesn't work with a MacBook..

Is there any other way?

By default the function keys are set to use special functions (volume up/down, brightness up/down, etc.). Then to actually get function key functions you have to press the fn key along with F1, F2, F3, and so on. You can change this behavior in keyboard settings. So that function keys work as function keys without a modifier (fn key). Then use the fn key to get the special functions (volume, brightness, etc.)

By default the function keys are set to use special functions (volume up/down, brightness up/down, etc.). Then to actually get function key functions you have to press the fn key along with F1, F2, F3, and so on. You can change this behavior in keyboard settings. So that function keys work as function keys without a modifier (fn key). Then use the fn key to get the special functions (volume, brightness, etc.)

By keyboard settings, do you mean in side system preference in my Mac ?