one button press for loading user patch

mintvelt

I have been searching the internet for a solution to the following problem:

I have created a few "default" user patches, like a default / goto bass track or a default pad sound, with all the sends and plugins as I like them in my project template. I would like to be able to assign buttons on my midi controller (BeatStep / Korg nano2 / keylab Mk2) to quickly create e new track with a specific user patch.

During composing I might get the idea to add a pad sound or a piano and I have so many software instruments to choose from. But most of the time it is sufficient to be able to load a default string pad or piano sound, just to see if my idea works.

Richt now, I use a project template with all my goto-patches loaded, but (1) I sometimes want to add yet another pluck sound without using the mouse and (2) I would prefer to use an initial project template with fewer tracks.

I found the command for creating a new software instrument and there are shortcuts for previous and next patch, but how can I program one button to load a specific patch / channel strip and a second button to load another patch?

Hope you guys can help me out here.

This feature was added before Patches were added to Logic, so it only recalls Channel Strip Settings, not Patches.

Channel Strips only contain the plugins and settings used on one channel strip, unlike the more recent Patches which can recall multiple channel strips, sends and so on.