Autosampler with MODX (transmit all MIDI channels not working?)

dominicwatts

Hi - I'm using Logic Pro X 10.6.0 with a Yamaha MODX and as a test trying to sample the CFX + FM EP2 patch. I'm not an expert with either Logic Pro or the MODX so please bear with me!

I have an external instrument channel setup with MIDI set to channel 1. In AutoSampler I can click keys on the on-screen keyboard and hear the piano. When I change the MIDI channel to 2 I can hear the EP.

So, I figure I should set MIDI to ALL so that the MODX correctly plays the full sound (a mix of the piano and EP). However, when the Channel is set to ALL, I only hear the piano (ie same as setting channel 1).

It seems as if setting MIDI to ALL is not actually transmitting on all channels? If I'm not understanding the 'ALL' setting correctly, how do you set a channel to transmit on all channels?

Any advice pls?!?

Many thanks

There is a mode on the MODX which uses a single channel to play all the parts...which I assume is what you want to do.

Tutorial page about MODX MIDI settings

“MIDI I/O Mode” = Single or Hybrid. Found in [uTILITY] > “Settings” > “Advanced”, you can select a Single Channel on which to communicate to the MODX Tone Generator. This allows you to play the MODX sounds in the same fashion as if you were playing the MODX keys. "Single" makes the MODX transmit and receive on just one channel.