MeloAudio Midi Commander and all the other controllers

bammbammrawks

Good Day

I need a tutorial !

I would like to start over in the control change window so only what I'm actually using shows up, rather everything Ive ever plugged in.

I've got a Meloaudio Midi Commander that just does not "talk to" logic. In fact all of my midid controllers seem to work only sometimes and then LPX seems to forget whatever I set.

I gave everyone its midi channel. I set demix.

I just want to start from scratch, but I don't know how.

Also, can control setting be saved by the song or is it only a global thing?

Thank you and be well

BAMM

-2017 iMac

3.6 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7

32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

OS Big Smurf 11.1

LPX 10.6.1

Komplete Kontrol S49

MeloAdio Midid Commander

Novation Launch Control XL

Korg Nanopad2

You can delete your control surface preferences file or just delete all controllers from within logic. If you have some controllers working (even periodically) you could first delete all the unused controllers and see if that helps.

To delete a control surface individually, go into control surface setup and select the icon for the control surface you want to delete and then use delete key on keyboard. Unless your control surface file is corrupted, this could be enough to get things working and definitely will get rid of all unused controllers. I’d try this first while you’re waiting for someone to give detailed instructions on where to find and delete the cs prefs file. I can’t remember off the top of my head and am not sitting at the computer.

Also you can remove all control surfaces from within logic settings somewhere (or return all controllers to default settings, removing any custom commands you’ve setup). But if you’re going to go that far, you might as well delete the cs prefs file and start from scratch with a new cs prefab file being written when you start logic.

I have the same unit, what are you trying to do with it? Mine works but there are some things to know about it. There is a problem with the firmware that causes it to stop sending out messages until it is restarted. The latest firmware updater that exists doesn't work on a Mac. There is a work around for the issue but it requires a USB device that can act as a host.

I just purchased a Morningstar MC8 that is going to be better in every way than the Midi Commander, and I think that the device might be orphaned anyway.