How do I move Remix FX from Tracks View into Live Loops?

joachim_s

Remix FX is a plug-in, it lives in the Mixer that affects both the Tracks areaand the Live Loops area. Do you mean the purple FX region that is on the Stereo Out? What does that region contain?

I see.

Yes, the purple FX region - that’s the track that automates activation and behaviour of the Remix FX plug-in of my song.

Ok so to make things clear: that purple rectangle is not a track, it's a region. So you've recorded Region automation on the Stereo Out track? From what bar to what bar? How do you intend to use it with the Live Loops?

Ok. Thanks for pointing out the difference between track and region. There is automation happening every now and then throughout the song. I’m using live loops to work on arrangements, to move parts around more easily. Therefore I’ve copied tracks into parts in live loops. I need the automation data to affect on a master level over all the different loops in time.

Here's the thing: the Tracks area and the Live Loops area are using different "time" concepts. The Tracks area is linear. You could say "start with a Remix FX value of 100 at bar 1, then at bar 5 suddently drop to 0 and slowly go back up to 60 by the time you reach bar 10."

On the other hand, Live Loops give you a way to trigger individual loop or scenes that can have a finite number of beat/bars.

So I'm still not sure how you're intending to transfer than time-linear automation data from the Tracks area to a loop-time-based concept of the Live Loops area?

Here's the thing: the Tracks area and the Live Loops area are using different "time" concepts. The Tracks area is linear. You could say "start with a Remix FX value of 100 at bar 1, then at bar 5 suddently drop to 0 and slowly go back up to 60 by the time you reach bar 10."

On the other hand, Live Loops give you a way to trigger individual loop or scenes that can have a finite number of beat/bars.

So I'm still not sure how you're intending to transfer than time-linear automation data from the Tracks area to a loop-time-based concept of the Live Loops area?

Well, that’s not entirely true. A live loops section is linear until it loops.

It seems that you cannot create cells on the Stereo Out track in the Live Loops grid, so you could try mixing to a bus and use an Aux for your Remix FX plug-in. I just tried it: it works (you can record region automation inside a cell on the Aux track in the Live Loops grid).

Great! I was thinking that would be the solution but I was being lazier than you. Thanks for trying it out and confirming! :)