audio gone after cmd+z region

Gianni_Gon

Yes, Im always asked if I wanna delete it. I have the habit to click enter immediatly after that alert comes, and normally I can simply cmd-z the region if I did it by mistake. But some very rare times I cannot. Of course, that happens always when I actually need that the audio of that region, ha

Yes, Im always asked if I wanna delete it. I have the habit to click enter immediatly after that alert comes

If you want to keep the possibility of undoing deleting an audio recording, then I would strongly suggest you stop that habit of immediately confirming an alert that states Delete recorded audio file from disk? Can't undo this operation!

The reason it doesn’t always come up is because it only comes up if the region you’re deleting corresponds exactly to the audio file and no other regions access it. So if you copy a region and then delete the copy it won’t ask to delete the audio file. If you chop up a region and delete part of it, it won’t ask, etc.

Well... but what if the "Can't undo this operation!" alert comes randomly and not every time you delete a region?

I mean, I erase regions always with the delete button. And every time I do it by mistake I can cmd z the region back. Just some random times it doesnt work and the region is empty.

It's not random: the alert comes up only for audio files recorded in the current session. If you close the project and reopen it, any previously recorded audio files won't prompt the alert.