Updating Logic and Mac OS - advice please

adamjhoward

Hi all,

I'm one of those guys who doesn't update very often - and if it works - I leave it :) (I was on 10.3 and Yosemite up until last year!)

BUT - I want now look at updating a few software - like Komplete 12 to 13 - also I was going to update my Logic 10.4.7 to Logic 10.5.

I see in the App Store I can't goto 10.5 - it wants me to go to 10.6 - but I need to then update the OS to Catalina (10.15).

Ideally I would like to goto logic 10.5 and stay on Mojave....but I do want to then update other software like my waves/spectrasonics.

So my question is I suppose - is there a way IO can update logic to 10.5 - not 10.6?

OR - can any of you confirm that updating to OS 10.5 and Logic 10.6 is completely fine - and all my other plugins will work ok?

Thanks in advance...

Adam.

I wouldn't dare warranting that updating your system will be "completely fine", as systems vary from one to the next...

Logic Pro 10.6.1 is working fine on Catalina latest version here (considering the use I have experienced so far).

Spectrasonics' plugins, Metric Halo's plugins and ULN8 3D drivers, Native Instrument, Melodyne 5 aren't presenting any problems.

Thanks for this - I also want to update my logic from 10.4 to 10.5 - using Mojave. I did the above steps (removed Logic) an re-started - but when I go to logic to download - it asks if I want to downlaod a previous Logic but that error "purchase cancelled" pops up and won't let me download Logic 10.5.....any ideas? Ideally I'd like to stay on Mojave....