How to transpose multiple software instrument tracks simultaneously

Bebop26

Hi folks !

Last time I came here, I got quick answers in a short delay, I was really amazed ! So here I am, hoping to get once again good answers !

Thanks for reading this.

Let say that I have 15 or 20 software instrument tracks, each with multiple regions, and I want to transpose all these tracks, let say from bar 24 to bar 32, down a minor 3rd (or any other interval). How can I do that ?

The only ways I found is to transpose one track at a time... which is obviously not very efficient !

I'm sure there's a faster way to do it, can someone help me ?

Thanks a lot, and take care !

Hi David,

Hum, so simple ! I thought that the editor would edit only one track, so I did not even try to edit multiple tracks at the same time...

In relation with this, how would you quickly select the highlighted regions on the attached screenshot ? The only way I found is to hold the Shift key while precisely clicking on the header of each region... not the most efficient way to do it, I'm sure.

Thanks so much, David.

Screenshot.thumb.png.c3a015e06e24375fa86658f4c0a54857.png

There are a few ways to make that selection. Here are two that seem to be the most efficient depending on your preferred workflow:

1. Rubber-band select: click-hold the background above the first region and drag down to draw a blue rectangle that touches all the regions.

2. Click one region, press Command-U (Set Locators by Region), press Shift-L (Select All Inside Locators).

Ah! those little details that make the difference ! As for the rubber-band select, I was clicking ON the first region rather than in the background above it.

Both solutions are perfect, it's so simple once you know it.

Thanks David, I appreciate your help.

Have a good day !