logic pro quick sampler - how to play through sample THEN loopback point?

SoSpiro
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

i know in the sampler, you can set a loopback point, and the sample will play within the set parameters, get to the loopback point, then loop (and play through to the end if you choose that opion). I'm trying to play through to the end of the sample and THEN loopback between the points. is that possible?

Sounds like 'play the whole vocal from start to finish" can be the job of an audio region on an audio track. Then you can either loop another region or use the Sampler or Quick Sampler to loop a portion of the vocal.

yes, i figured this would be the best workaround. wanted to get to know the sampler and its capabilities a bit better. thank you.

Most samplers cannot do that kind of thing, typically playback starts at the sample start point, then when it reaches the loop end it goes back to loop start until you release the key at which point it either jumps to the loop end to playback the end of the sample, or continues playing the sample to the end, or plays a release sample.

Most samplers cannot do that kind of thing, typically playback starts at the sample start point, then when it reaches the loop end it goes back to loop start until you release the key at which point it either jumps to the loop end to playback the end of the sample, or continues playing the sample to the end, or plays a release sample.

thank you. i've been using synths for too long and am expecting the same kind of functionality in samplers which is why my brain is scrambled.