Logic not reading automation right on barline

alexwnbrg

Hey all,

So here's what I'm running into. I'll be cycling, say, a 4 bar loop. I'll have automation snap on, and will snap an automation point to the downbeat of the first bar of the loop. When I start playback, or if it loops and repeats playback, it won't register that first node of automation, so if I'm looping trying to get the automation the way I like, I'll have to either start the cycle a beat or bar before or move the automation node just past the downbeat. Any way for logic to register those in that situation? I'm thinking that seems like a chase feature, although can't seem to find any settings about chase regarding automation.

• 2 weeks later...
There's no Chase setting for automation. Can you post a file that exhibits this issue? How to attach files to your post

Got it, that makes sense.

Here's a current file that is having this behavior. not sure if my saved point will show what automation lane I'm talking about, but it's on the track entitled "Synth Melody Riser", and the lane I'm running into this is "Arp Rate All". I have bar 118 on a cycle, and playing it from the beginning of that cycle will not play the automation at beginning of cycle. It will sometimes play it on the subsequent passes.

Welp, it's not letting me upload. Said the compressed file was still too big.

Make sure you follow all the instructions in the link I shared (save organized as project, compress only the Logic file inside — and not all the assets)?

Are you using TBA or RBA?

I'm sorry, not quite sure what TBA and RBA are.

Track Based Automation vs Region Based Automation.