iLok wants to "control my computer" with accessibility access

AllTheButtons

When I go to install iLok License Manager on a new computer, it asks me to enter my password to allow it to "control my computer" with accessibility access. Normally the only apps that want to do this are accessibility apps (obviously!) or apps that use accessability as a "cheat" to control more of the system (e.g. Keyboard Maestro). I don't want to provide this kind of access if I don't have to, and I can't think of a reason why iLok would need it?

Does anyone know why iLok License Manager needs this access, and what will happen if I don't allow it?

(I've sent a message to ask iLok support, but in my experience they are not very responsive - thought someone here might know!).

• 1 year later...

Just came across this, lil late but better then ever,

I contacted iLok and they deny this so called feature., they claim its apple behind it so if you use little snitch or Lulu be prepared for problems if you call Apple about security, their EFI updates to bring your machine (cause its more then a year old) and so on.