10.6.1 is out

auralux

New in Logic Pro 10.6.1 (release notes: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203718)

Stability/Reliability

• Fixes and issue where Logic Pro could occasionally quit when clicking and holding the Forward or Rewind transport button.

• Fixes an issue where Logic Pro occasionally quit when using older versions of Waveshell.

• Fixes an issue where Logic Pro occasionally quit when the Bypass All Effects Plug-ins key command is triggered.

• Fixes an issue where Logic Pro occasionally quit when selecting a track automation parameter.

• Restores the ability to click the transport Play button while a Live Loops cell is in record.

• Resolves an issue where Logic Pro could quit unexpectedly when stepping through presets in the Native Instruments Guitar Rig 6 plug-in.

• Resolves an issue where Logic Pro could quit unexpectedly when working in the Pattern Editor on tracks using Drum Machine Designer.

Performance

• Instances of Ultrabeat now load more quickly.

Live Loops

• Fixes an issue where cells containing files that are a different sample rate than the project play at the wrong pitch until the end of the current loop when the Flex mode is changed.

Sampler/Quick Sampler

• Sampler instrument load times improved with larger instruments.

• Fixes an issue where Sampler zones could lose their connection to samples when they are edited in the Audio File editor.

Plug-ins

• Fixes an issue where notes hang occasionally in Studio Strings when playing back in cycle mode if the instrument is set to a MIDI channel other than channel 1.

Track Stacks

• Collapsed Track Stack overview regions now show the Track color as expected when the Region Color as Track Color setting is enabled.

Drummer

On macOS Big Sur, Drummer now responds immediately to changes made in the Drummer controls while playing back.

Content

• The 808 Bass patch now plays as expected.

• The Vowel Pad patch now plays as expected.

Editing

• The Join Notes function is now available when the Piano Roll in One Track view.

• Fixes an issue where Catch Playhead occasionally activates when editing notes in the Piano Roll during playback.

• Drum names in Producer Kits now display as expected in the Piano Roll.

• The Event List display now updates properly when events are moved.

Export/Share

• MIDI Files exported from regions contain events from the end of the region as expected.

MIDI Controllers/Control Surfaces

• It is now possible to manually enter values into files in the Control Surface Inspector.

Impulse response Utility

• Quad audio files dropped into Impulse Response Utility now show the correct channel labels when True Stereo is chosen from the format dropdown.

• Impulse Response Utility now correctly adjusts the Reverb Time to the length of files added to the Track List.

General

• Logic Pro no longer shows an error when choosing a different tempo from the Transport if Advanced Tools is not enabled.

• Fixes an issue where copying a looped region sometimes overwrites subsequent regions in the track.

• It is now possible to copy a region that loops to the end of a project over itself in No Overlap mode.

• On macOS Big Sur, the Keyboard object in the Environment now shows visual feedback when clicked.

• Fixes an issue where saved Spotlight searches that include files accessible in the All Files browser in Logic Pro occasionally cause navigation issues.

Just in case this affects anyone else, 10.6.0 introduced a bug where the X-Touch (Mackie Control protocol) reverted whatever setting you had in Control Surfaces > Setup > "Channel Strip View Mode" to the default “Arrange” every time you booted up. This hasn’t been fixed in 10.6.1. Also, 10.6.1 shows up as 10.6.0 in the Finder Get Info, and also in the launch page . . at least for me. Something’s not quite good about these last two updates IMO. Back to 10.5.1 . . .

I think I found a workaround. I went into settings, switched it from "All" to the next setting above that. Then I quit Logic, letting it save the altered preference file. Reopened Logic, went in and changed it back to "All", and it seems to be fixed now! The two particular plugins I had an issue with yesterday are behaving correctly now, with auto latency compensation. Weird, but it must've unstuck something in the prefs file.

Is the Chords Track still there....? :D

Blink

No! They’ve removed removed the chord track checkbox.

I’ve used that on every single project. WHY Apple, WHY!

it's ok here; i took a screenshot of it, printed it out, and taped that small window onto my imac screen; so it's there as before, and as useful as it was in 10.6.

No! They’ve removed removed the chord track checkbox.

I’ve used that on every single project. WHY Apple, WHY!

it's ok here; i took a screenshot of it, printed it out, and taped that small window onto my imac screen; so it's there as before, and as useful as it was in 10.6.

:D

I wish I'd thought of that. I'll have to draw a picture of it instead.

You guys are really living in the past. Come on now. Here's what you do:

1. Take a screenshot the chord track menu option in 10.6.0.

2. Download that app: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/picture-that-ar/id1281843986

3. Use the app to add the Chord Track to your 10.6.1 menu.

All you have to do is hold the iPhone in front of the Mac screen when working in Logic. Easy peasy. Et voilà! :lol:

Mine was just updated all by itself...

Make sure that in your System Preferences > Software Updates, you're not set to automatically update your software?

actually, for logic (& other non-OS updates), one should go to: App Store>Preferences, and uncheck 'Automatic Updates'.

but you're right about the chord track thing, and am holding my head in shame at my old school solution (while my assistant feeds me french fries)....

Just in case this affects anyone else, 10.6.0 introduced a bug where the X-Touch (Mackie Control protocol) reverted whatever setting you had in Control Surfaces > Setup > "Channel Strip View Mode" to the default “Arrange” every time you booted up.

Been messing about with it today as test. I use my X-Touch in single mode with track stacks so the far left fader is always the selected track.

Seems Option>Global view on the X-Touch will flip between Arrange and Single mode so better than menu diving. Also shift>X in mixer window will do the same thing. These are probably things most Mackie users already know but thought I would put it up just in case anyone is having to jump into control setup every time.

I'm having trouble with 10.6. Thought at first that it might have been fixed with 10.6.1 update, but no such luck.

Basically, everything is super slow, if it works at all:

• At startup – spinning beach ball of death.

• When I hit play, after a long wait for a cessation of beach ball activities – more spinning beach ball of death.

• When I try to do pretty much anything else – spinning beach ball of death and complete lockup of the program (not responding messages in activity monitor and force quit menu).

Anyone having similar trouble or have any advise?

I'm running Catalina (10.15.7) on a late 2013 MacBook Pro Retina 15 inch i7. And I tried reverting to the old version and had the same issues. Seems to have messed something up with preferences or something. Tried clearing all that and it still didn't help.

I'm having trouble with 10.6. Thought at first that it might have been fixed with 10.6.1 update, but no such luck.

Basically, everything is super slow, if it works at all:

• At startup – spinning beach ball of death.

• When I hit play, after a long wait for a cessation of beach ball activities – more spinning beach ball of death.

• When I try to do pretty much anything else – spinning beach ball of death and complete lockup of the program (not responding messages in activity monitor and force quit menu).

Anyone having similar trouble or have any advise?

I'm running Catalina (10.15.7) on a late 2013 MacBook Pro Retina 15 inch i7. And I tried reverting to the old version and had the same issues. Seems to have messed something up with preferences or something. Tried clearing all that and it still didn't help.

How much empty space is left on your hard drive?

Have you rebooted your Mac? Sometimes I'm amazed what that fixes. Tried Safe Mode? I'm using OSX 10.15.7 with Logic 10.6.1 and not seeing the problems you are seeing. I suppose you could trash your plist, but I save that for a last resort.

I have tried rebooting. I even tried reverting to the old version, to no avail, so maybe the plist is the problem? I haven't tried safe mode though. I'm having a little trouble locating the correct plist file. I found a few that seem to relate to Logic, but not sure which one to trash. A couple of them seem to be something to do with crash reporting. Sorry for any noobish questions. My knowledge of deeper technical lore and arcane Applery are still somewhat modest.

Have you rebooted your Mac? Sometimes I'm amazed what that fixes. Tried Safe Mode? I'm using OSX 10.15.7 with Logic 10.6.1 and not seeing the problems you are seeing. I suppose you could trash your plist, but I save that for a last resort.

I have tried rebooting. I even tried reverting to the old version, to no avail, so maybe the plist is the problem? I haven't tried safe mode though. I'm having a little trouble locating the correct plist file. I found a few that seem to relate to Logic, but not sure which one to trash. A couple of them seem to be something to do with crash reporting. Sorry for any noobish questions. My knowledge of deeper technical lore and arcane Applery are still somewhat modest.

Never mind... I found it... and that doesn't seem to be the problem. I'll try safe mode and see if that helps.