if all logic stock plugins are for sale, and you don't use logic, which of logic's stock plugins would you pay for?

ni guang xin

It's a tough question to answer given that

1. Logic's plug-ins aren't really plug-ins per se so they aren't for sale and can't be used in another DAW.

2. All of us here own Logic and all its plug-ins so we don't need to buy any.

I personally find that one of the great strengths of Logic is that it comes with all those plug-ins bundled in. However it wasn't always the case and I remember having spent $1,000 for the initial bundle, which wasn't nearly as complete as it is today and which was already a price cut from buying the plug-ins separately before that $1,000 bundle was offered. So not only was I, at some point, willing to pay $1,000 for the bundle, I found it to be a great deal. :)

I personally find that one of the great strengths of Logic is that it comes with all those plug-ins bundled in. However it wasn't always the case and I remember having spent $1,000 for the initial bundle, which wasn't nearly as complete as it is today and which was already a price cut from buying the plug-ins separately before that $1,000 bundle was offered. So not only was I, at some point, willing to pay $1,000 for the bundle, I found it to be a great deal. :)

i definitely agree lol! and we get even more cool stuff with each new major updates, when i first tried logic's demo it was the 10.4 version, then when i purchase it (which requires me to reinstall the app.) i got the newly released 10.5, which is like the most awesome thing ever, the new sampler taking the place of esx24 and all, i thought apple was lying when they say the demo has all the features of the purchased one, cause how come there's so much new stuff when i do purchase it? turns out it was just a major update lol!

I owned and used Alchemy before Apple bought Camel Sounds...between the synth itself and sound libraries I purchased, I easily spent twice what Logic costs. I actually thought of Logic for a while as Alchemy v2 with a free DAW ;)

I bought Logic for the sounds, really...the B3, Mellotron, Studio Strings and Horns, etc. as well as being able to keep using Alchemy.

1. Logic's plug-ins aren't really plug-ins per se so they aren't for sale and can't be used in another DAW.

2. All of us here own Logic and all its plug-ins so we don't need to buy any.

Thanks for reminding me!

Bought EXS-24 And Synth Collection 2003 from Thomann.

Only 704 € :D

1754764329_EXS24SynthCollection.thumb.png.ec827bfbd348b35579238204de46efa7.png

The first one I bought was the ES1 (about £60) and then the EXS24 (about £200)...

Back in the day, Space Designer alone cost £450, and ES2 was about £200...

(Then I moved to Mac, upgraded to Logic "Pro" 6.4 for maybe £150, and that was the first version post the Apple-acquisition that bundled *all* the plugins in for free. So it seemed like a pretty good deal at the time..! ;) )

Pay $30 for MainStage. Pay $99 for Loopback from Rogue Amoeba. Use MainStage to use any of the instruments or plugins you want and send the audio into Ableton, FL, whatever...

The compressor and the adaptive limiter - $30 for the pair, no more than that...

If I had to buy plugins for VST-land I would simply purchase the iZotope Music Production Suite and be done with it ;-)

and also, how much are you willing to pay?

for me, if I don't use logic then I would either use FL Studio or Ableton Live, and I would buy the ChromaVerb, the Space Designer, and the Phat FX from logic, i'm willing to pay at least 100 usd for chroma, and 50 for space designer and phat fx each.

If and when I really need to use another DAW and I want Apple "plug-ins", I use Mainstage to host the plugins. Best of both worlds.

I also owned Logic when run by Emagic. They sold the virtual instruments separate (or at least some of them). There really wasn't much if anything of 3rd party plug-ins.. I bought everything they put out. All of Logic's plug-ins range from decent to very good. I almost never use them anymore. When Apple started up, (I started with Apple II in 1980.. They were everything that PC's were not.

I also had a PC, and it was almost impossible to get things to work.. This hardware card, wouldn't work with that driver, someone's software only ran on a certain card.. It was a horror show. Apple had to together that they made the software and hardware.. So much easier. On the same token, I don't like that they 'force' you to only use their brand..

Case in point, VST/AU.. Some small companies wouldn't deal with writing code for both.. MusicLab makes the Real Guitar series.. With VSTS, you could get the actual midi notes out of the plug-in, and feed that to another plug-ins sound generation.. Apple with AU's don't allow that.

While I personally don't use apple's stock plug-ins, they are widely recognized, (and it's true) they do the job well. Theie GUI's are not as colorful as 3rd party wares. But what is contained in Logic Pro is certainly enough to get anyone making decent music. They are tools and do a particular job.. Other companies tools, may have more features, but one could get by on Logic alone if they had to.

Pretty much all of them. But this is coming from someone who purchased everything when it was Emagic. That was an expensive time to be a Logic user who had the entire suite.

The tremolo plugin is something that works really well. Space Designer. Stereo Delay. EQ, channel & linear. the multi efx. et al.