Electronic Drum Recording (Strike Registration)

Grove_Music1990
Go to solution Solved by des99,

Hey everyone,

I have been scouring the internet for an answer to my question but I can't seem to find anything so I'm hoping someone who is a lot better with Logic than I can help.

I recently purchased a Roland TD17-KVX and am having an issue with strike recognition in Logic, specifically while recording. For some reason, while recording, Logic isn't picking up any of my quicker drum strikes such as fast rolls or drags. It will pick up individual hits if there is enough time in between, but as soon as I do the aforementioned moves, they wont pick up; just play two eighth notes or some sputter of whatever. The real kicker is that I don't hear this though my headphones when I'm playing; it's only after when I go and listen to my recording that I notice all missed hits. I didn't think it was related to my TD's pad sensitivity but I tried anyway to no avail so I'm guessing it has to be within Logic.

Some useful information to help would be that I am using a Focusrite 4i4 for my interface and using the SoCal Software Instrument plug-in for my kit output sound.

If anyone has any ideas to help with this issue it would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers