Auto-switching MIDI Channel?

Andrew0568
Go to solution Solved by des99,

I write a lot of tracks in Sibelius and output the MIDI into Logic. When I import the MIDI files into my Logic template the track MIDI channel will switch from channel 1 to "All" and I have to manually go into each track and switch it to "Channel 1" in order to hear any sound. Is there a way to stop this from happening and make sure the MIDI channel stays on channel 1? Thanks!

• Solution

"All" simply means the events play back on their original channel. If you have channel 1 events in the track, they will play to channel 1.

If they only play by channelising to channel 1 (ie, forcing all events in the track to MIDI channel 1, regardless of what channel the events actually are on), then you're not putting channel 1 events in the region - so make sure your Sibelius export is actually exporting MIDI channel 1 events when they should be MIDI channel 1.

(Or just set the track to the channel you want, as you have been doing, to force the events to the channel you want anyway).