Ability to change the color of multiple tracks and regions at once

MattLeschuck

Im curious if this is possible? I see that i can manual change the color of each track and then tell the regions to follow with a hot key. A bit tedious if you already have 10 instrument tracks going in the green color. I was wondering if there is a way to do multiple at once? Id like to be able to assign random colors to all of them with the regions matching each track quickly or even from the start when i create a track. In Pro Tools there is a preference that defaults the regions in each track to a set color which i like.. Any info is appreciated.

What Atlas suggests works if you set it up before creating the tracks: Logic Pro X > Preferences > Display :: Tracks :: Track Color = Auto Assign.

If you want a group of existing tracks and their regions to all have the same colors, then select all the tracks, Command-click a color (color the tracks) then click the color (color the regions).

If you want a group of existing tracks and their regions to all have different colors, click a track, Command-click a color to color the track, repeat for each track, then select all tracks and press Shift-Option-C to color the regions according their respective track color.