Quicker way to set loop parameters?

MattLeschuck
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

Ive been a Pro Tools and Reason user for as long as i can remember. Im just now starting to dive into Logic more despite owning it for the last 10 years or so. I have some questions that may seem basic to most :). Is there a quicker way to set loop parameters than trimming the yellow bar above the arrangement window? Sometimes ill have a long selection set to loop but then want to quickly switch to a selected region for loop back. Is there a hot key for this? As in can i select and highlight a region(s) and set that quickly as the loop section. I do this in Pro Tools all the time. Any info is appreciated.

Yes, there's loads of key commands for this type of stuff - I like, for example "Set rounded locators from selection and play and cycle", so you can select a region, hit one key to set the locators to that region and enable cycle and playback - but there's quite a few other options.

I've been using that key command since Logic 1.x :)

Check out your key commands window...

Yes, there's loads of key commands for this type of stuff - I like, for example "Set rounded locators from selection and play and cycle", so you can select a region, hit one key to set the locators to that region and enable cycle and playback - but there's quite a few other options.

I've been using that key command since Logic 1.x :)

Check out your key commands window...

I appreciate the info, this is really helpful.

Also look for "Set Locators" functions in your Navigate menu.

Thats the one! Thanks man

You're welcome! Note the corresponding key commands are listed in the menu (U and Command-U). If you choose Logic Pro X > Key Commands > Edit, and search for "Set Locators" you'll find many more specific key commands that can be assigned.