Using the Marquee to make finer adjustments

Woodland Hills

I have an audio track and using the Marquee to make adjustments. I noticed that if I click on the Control key while moving the mouse cursor left and right, I can make finer adjustments. I'm using the Pro Tools key commands (for the time being anyway).

I want to change the Control key to the Command key. Is that possible? I can't seem to locate that in the key command edit section. Thanks!

I want to change the Control key to the Command key. Is that possible? I can't seem to locate that in the key command edit section. Thanks!

I don't think you can change the behavior of any of the modifier keys, they are hard wired. So unfortunately in your case you're going to have to just adapt.

So when using Pro Tools, did Avid configure the Command key to work as the fine adjustment key?

No, it's actually the other way around: they programmed Pro Tools so that when you press the Command key you can make finer adjustments in Pro Tools, the same way Apple programmed Logic so that when you press the Control key you can make finder adjustments in Logic, and when you press Control-Shift you can make even finer adjustments. The software does not configure a modifier key, it detects that you're pressing a key and determines how it chooses to interpret that key press.

Modifiers+mouse actions are hard wired, meaning they are not user programmable.

Bonus tip: once you have a Marquee selection, you can use Left/Right arrow keys, and Shift-Left/Right arrow keys to adjust that selection to the nearest MIDI note start/end or audio transient.

snap-marquee-transient.gif.b41cf5f297d0d30cc73339e8264931f9.gif

Sure thing! It's a great set of a key commands that many Logic users aren't aware of. Very useful. :)

:) So I was working with this yesterday, arrow keys to move the Marquee line around and another key commands to slice at Marquee. However after I make the first slice I have to manually click the region again to make the Marquee line appear. Is there any way to bring the Marquee line up with key commands?