Patch & Channel Strip Settings

Steve Cooper

how can I get back to save direct to User

On your screenshot, you're saving a Channel Strip Setting? I recommend you save a Patch instead:

1. Open your Library.

2. In the inspector make sure the blue triangle points from the Library to the "Settings" button at the very top of the channel strip.

3. At the bottom right in the Library, click the the Save button.

Your Patches will be displayed in the Library in the "User Patches" category at the very top before all factory Patches.

For individual plug-in settings, proceed the same way but with the blue triangle pointing to the desired plug-in on the left channel strip in the inspector. Now the Library organizes plug-in presets differently: your presets appear at the root while all factory presets are placed inside a "Factory" category.

how can I get back to save direct to User

On your screenshot, you're saving a Channel Strip Setting? I recommend you save a Patch instead:

1. Open your Library.

2. In the inspector make sure the blue triangle points from the Library to the "Settings" button at the very top of the channel strip.

3. At the bottom right in the Library, click the the Save button.

Your Patches will be displayed in the Library in the "User Patches" category at the very top before all factory Patches.

For individual plug-in settings, proceed the same way but with the blue triangle pointing to the desired plug-in on the left channel strip in the inspector. Now the Library organizes plug-in presets differently: your presets appear at the root while all factory presets are placed inside a "Factory" category.

Many thanks for reply, it seems I created User Folders that were not needed, I still have User Patches and User Channel Strip Patches which contain saved items, do I drag these items up to Channel Strip and Patches higher up then delete Users at the bottom

797740696_Screenshot2020-10-17at11_53_20.thumb.png.deba457d23d656aa2a58bc7f529b197d.png

I don't know where those User... folders came from, I don't have them, and I've had every flavour of Logic on this machine. Did you manually copy them there or something?

My custom channel strip settings etc are in the place you'd expect:

/Users/*me*/Music/Audio Music Apps/Channel Strip Settings

So yes, I'd copy them out of those "User" folders to the regular Channel Strip Settings & Patches folders, keeping the same structure and not overwriting folders.

Many thanks for reply, it seems I created User Folders that were not needed, I still have User Patches and User Channel Strip Patches which contain saved items, do I drag these items up to Channel Strip and Patches higher up then delete Users at the bottom

Yes. Careful not to overwrite "Instruments" and "Audio" folders as des99 pointed out, just move the content of the Instrument folder into the corresponding Instrument folder in the Patches folder etc.