Logic Pro AU scan not working right

angelonyc

I have Logic 10.5.1. Everything has been working fine till today..

I'm using Falcon2.0.9 Today when I started Logic it stops booting up and tells me, Falcon is not activated (it's been activated and working for almost 4 years). It presents me with a Window to 'activate it' (onto ILOK). I go thru the two step process, it tells me success, then is immediately followed by the message , 'Activation error - This software cannot be run because the activation experience thinks the authorization was found, but wrapper could not verify it.

Tried restarting Logic several times, downloaded a the newest version of Falcon, which I already had. Still no go. I tried running ILOK License Manager directly.. It says Falcon is 'activated' and will not let me try to activate it a 2nd time. So I decided to work around using Falcon.

I then tried to use NewFangledAudio/Eventides virtual instrument 'Generate' gave me the exact same message.. So I don't think its the virtual instruments per say, but the subroutine Logic calls to 'activate the VI's to ILOK.

Anyone else having a similar situation?.... This just started 2 hours ago.. Falcon was working fine in Logic this morning.

Checked that last nite. No Falcon gets the same 'not activated'.. I discovered that all my ILOK plug-ins are not activated, I can activate them while Logic boots up, I get a series of responses. First Ilok asks me where to activate it to, ILOK of computer, then it tells me success, the it gives me a 'failure' message, If I run ILOK license manager it says all activations are fine, and ILOK Manager will NOT let me activate a plug in (because ILOK thinks it is already fine.

In the course of solving this. I 'googled' apples tech support. Called the number.. Long story short, this guy was so slick he installed an ap on my mac pro, and iPhone, and proceeded to drain my checking, then transfer savings to checking and drain that too. He was incredibly knowledgeable. He said my apple ID was 'red marked', it all sound plausible, but gradually got weirder. When he insisted I go to CVS or Bestbuy and purchase an APPLE ID card within 30 minutes.. the gig was up.. I hung up on him, but damage was done. Spent 5 hours trying to undo the financial havoc he reached on me..

I called APPLE again, he changed my APPLE ID and directed me to take of Teamviewer of my mac pro and iPhone, and Cash, wallet off iPhone. I don't know how this scammers number managed to pop up when I googled Apple phone support. Hours later, I googled it again, his number was not there. Most telling of all, NOBODY really seemed concerned I got scammed. Not sure if I'll bother even going to police, Chase

WARNING TO EVERYONE- Don't google apples number = Go to WEBSITE and get it there. In the past I have dealt with 2nd tier tech support, and they do not have a regular apple phone number, ALSO take the time to PUT A FREEZE WITH THE THREE CREDID BUREAUS.. This way he can't take out a mortgage using your identity.

When I've calmed down some more, I tackle dealing with ILOK..

If your iLok activated software is not working, this is nothing to do with Logic, or Apple.

Try updating your Pace/iLok software, it seems like it's not working properly.

Scammers are b*stards, sorry but you need to be careful when googling for stuff that it's coming from the proper legimate sources, for exactly these kinds of reasons.