Copy plugins to multiple selected channels

JoshJ
Go to solution Solved by JoshJ,

• Solution

I figured this out. Strangely if you select multiple channels and then go to Channel Strip Settings menu and select "Paste Plugins Only" it will only paste the plugins to one channel regardless of how many are highlighted. But if you go into Key Commands window and set a key command shortcut for "Paste channel strip setting Plug-ins only", then use that key command to paste to multiple selected channels strips, it works!!

EDIT: Just to clarify, you have to use key commands for BOTH copy and paste in order for this to work. Using the "Copy Channel Strip Settings" item from the Channel Strip Settings menu and then using the above keyboard shortcut to paste will only paste plugins to one of your multiple selected channels.

You have to use the key command for Copy Channel Strip Settings > select your target channels > then use your key command to Paste Plugins Only

Edited by joshj

• 4 months later...
use the key command for Copy Channel Strip Settings > select your target channels > then use your key command to Paste Plugins Only

Can anyone confirm these key commands are still working in recent versions of Logic? They seem to be working sporadically for me. Sometimes the plugins are pasted to multiple channel as desired. Sometimes it just pastes to one channel when multiple are selected!

• 1 year later...
On 9/3/2020 at 12:36 PM, joshj said:

You have to use the key command for Copy Channel Strip Settings > select your target channels > then use your key command to Paste Plugins Only

This seems to have broken for me in recent Logic update (only pasting plugin to one of the selected tracks, not all). Can anyone confirm the same behaviour?

On 11/11/2022 at 2:12 PM, David Nahmani said:

Unfortunately I can confirm that this is broken in Logic Pro 10.7.5. 

Thanks David. Is there currently any way to paste/load channel strip settings to multiple channels at the same time? I can’t seem to be able to do this either but may not have the function correct