Exporting MIDI Drums as Separate Audio Tracks

Culljosh

Hello,

I'm about to send some recordings off to be mixed and was wondering if there's an easier way to individualize a piano roll of midi drums?

Basically, my electronic drum kit notes are on one piano roll, and I see where you can separate notes by the pitch but I'm aiming to convert to dry audio files for mixes?

Any helps would be much appreciated!

If you are using a drum sound source that doesn't have multiple outputs, then you'll have to soloe each drum one at a time and bounce that one drum part to an audio file, until you have individual audio files of each drum part.

(Now you can see why individual outputs are a good feature..!)

you could use the command to split midi file by notes, each note will have it's own tracks. But sometimes a chore when you use a drum module - Superior Drums (and many others that different articulations on different midi notes. Ideally you would want all kicks on one track etc. I generally take my drum MIDI track, make a back-up copy. Mute all notes except kid which might be 2 or 3 different notes. I offline mix that down, then delete it, go thru each drum like that. I Might open a 2nd instance of same drum track, so I can quickly find all the cymbals, or hats etc. rather then mess with the track I am bouncing out the separate drums