Effects on Aux Channels and Audio From Buses

CShorte

Hello,

I route most of my instruments and audio channels to a Bus/Aux channel and route the resulting bus to an associated audio channel to create stems. All of the Bus/Aux and the associated audio channels have some minimum amount of effects such as Gain, EQ and Compression on each channel. Unlike effects on instrument, effects and regular audio channels that become engaged whenever signals are recognized, the effects of the associated Bus/Aux and audio channel effects do not automatically engage. Can you explain why this is happening?

Perhaps, I do not need these extra effects on the Bus/Aux and associated audio channels. However, as needed, I can manually turn the various effects on and they will effect the resulting audio stem. Trying to understand LPX and use it in the most effective way! Thank you for your responses, CS.

David, thank you.

That was helpful but besides using a lot more memory, there was no change to how the plug-ins associated with the Bus/Aux and/or the Stem tracks reacted. The associated plug-ins did not activate. So, that leads me to believe that they are not required/necessary with the exception that if they are needed, they would require manual activation.

Would you agree?