Metronome just bugged out...

xmacvicar

I haven't changed a thing and the metronome no longer works.

Simple mode does not work, as it always did for years.

Now I need to undo simple mode and choose "click while recording and click while playing" but once I started recording, the metronome click stops, despite it being enabled for recording. The button now also does not press in/click on (turn purple) anymore. What the hell?

449181013_ScreenShot2020-08-02at6_30_20PM.png.e1da7dc41279697e1e7465d92a1bd70e.png

Happens on both 10.5.0 and 10.5.1

Video here:

The metronome does not work. I uninstalled Logic and reinstalled and it worked for a short time, and now its back to doing this. The behaviour is erratic. Simple mode (which always worked), no longer works. If you un click simple mode, it works for a short moment, but when you go to record or turn it off/back on, it stops working again.

• 2 months later...
I'm currently Evaluating the trial version of LPX and I've got to say that this is just the latest in a list of bugs that are leading me to think that the application doesn't warrant the 'Pro' suffix or the asking price!

Please, someone, convince me otherwise.

We are not a sales team, we are a community of Logic users. If you're suffering issues or bugs, start topics for them so that we can determine if they're known bugs or see if we can help you resolve or work around the issue. If you need help with your metronome issue, attach a project file where the metronome isn't playing so that we can help troubleshoot it: How to attach files to your post

Is this a known bug?

I am having this issue on some songs. The metronome works OK but after a while I realize that it does not output any sound and when I check the mixer and environment the click tracks looks gone. I save and close the song and re open it and it is there again but after a while again it disappears. The weird thing is it happens on some songs only.

I have noticed this problem specifically if you are trying to use a project file or template that was created prior to version 10.4.5 and you're using it in 10.4.5+ (I think that was the big update where they went to 1000 possible tracks?).

That is exactly the bug I found too...David you once posted a work around for that, but I can't remember it.

No, it's not a known bug, at least not known by me. The track itself disappears? Do you mean the Click channel strip is no longer in the MIDI Environment at all? And then later when you reopen the project it reappears?

Yes the channel strip itself disappears from the mixer and the midi environment and when I close, open the song again it appears. So strange.

I will check the other thread for the workaround. I think I did before but can not remember as the problem is rare on a couple of songs.

Although all my songs are created with 10.5 maybe it has something to do with my default template as Dewdman42 suggested. I will create a new template for new songs to see if I will have the problem again.

Thank you both

Oz

Yes the channel strip itself disappears from the mixer and the midi environment and when I close, open the song again it appears. So strange.

There's nothing strange about the channel strip reappearing when you reopen the song. On the other hand it shouldn't disappear from the Mixer on its own. Do you sometimes create or delete objects directly in the MIDI environment? Do you have Automatic management of channel strip objects selected in that project's settings? Does this happen only in one project or in all your projects? Or yes, it could totally be the fact that you're using a template that was created in an earlier version of Logic.

Hi David,

I never touch the environment :) Only checked to find the click strip.

Also I have automatic management of channel strips selected. Currently I have the issue with two songs only. Will see, I will do more investigating and create a new template from ground up.

Thank You

Oz