Midi Controller Not Tracking Automation Data

rchander
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

Hi,

My midi controller is connected to Logic to control effect faders. When I adjust the knobs, the corresponding effect changes fine, however as soon as I switch to touch mode to track it, it isn't. What's especially weird is that it's recording when I play notes, so it's only automation that it isn't getting tracked.

Thanks for the help!

What MIDI Controller and how is it assigned to effect parameters in Logic exactly?

So I should preface by saying that the midi control data is actually coming from Max MSP, and I've routed it in the midi environment to my track-- I have set up some transformers to convert it into fader data. The parameters are plug in parameters.

Gotcha ok. I've also tried it that way-- I've removed the cabling from the midi environment and have mapped it using the controller assignments dialogue box, which only sometimes would work, but then randomly would stop. Perhaps it's something I need to reconfigure in my Max patch...

Thanks again!!