Website selling Logic Pro X 10.5.1. for $79 WARNING

angelonyc

We all get targeted ads on facebook now.. Yesterday this showed up on my FB feed. {spam link removed}

Although it says, Apple is the seller, AND the website looks and indeed is real. it appeared too good to be true. Reading thru the comments some mentioned it was a special versions of Logic, sold under a 'volume' discount. Although this does appear to be a wonderful price, it is not sold thru apple, it does not require your apple ID and you will NOT be able to get upgrades.

In a sens Apple could be a winner anyway; you need a Mac to run Logic. So you buy a Mac ( Apple ring the bell), you buy this cracked version, you use it, you buy the legal version because you want the peace of mind (Apple ring the bell again) and you get the updates. So, why not just use the trial in the end and save 70 bucks?

i think that stratquebec is saying to use the trial instead of this 'version'... so no need to spend '$70'. then, one can simply buy the app legit.

Yep, fisherking is right. That's what I meant . Sorry for my average english.

actually, i thought your post was perfectly clear, and atlas007 just misread it...

I did send apple an email with links etc. but the ad is still running. Evidence that Apple doesn't care that much about Logic?.....Actually when Apple first bought Logic from Emagic, there were a lot of copies of Logic floating around on the net. I actually considered Apple did it, just so people could get it, learn to love it, then go buy a copy..

Years ago, one of CGI houses, leaked a copy of the movie 'Wolverine'.. It was complete except for one long scene, which was still in CGI, so this incredible fight was of highly complex stick figures. There was a lot of dialog about the leaked version, would ruin the sales, Actually the sales were higher..

Logic when owned by Emagic was not cheap.. Apple was smart by knocking it down to $200. It totally competes with much more software, So Logic users go buy a Mac, which cost more money then a similar PC

Let's be frank: Logic Pro X, bought legitimately from the guaranteed-safe Apple Store and updated in like manner forevemore, is dirt cheap. Especially given what you get for your money – perfectly prepared for the [only ...] hardware that it runs on. One of the most-satisfactory software purchases that I have ever made.

At one point, way back in the Emagic days, they had Logic programmed such that if it was cracked, whatever synth you were playing underwent random pitch changes. "Users" would randomly crop up on the boards incensed at the shoddy programming, only to be eviscerated by legit users . . true story.

At one point, way back in the Emagic days, they had Logic programmed such that if it was cracked, whatever synth you were playing underwent random pitch changes. "Users" would randomly crop up on the boards incensed at the shoddy programming, only to be eviscerated by legit users . . true story.

I believe this still exists but in the form of crashes, odd glitches, strange graphic anomalies and not being able to boot up Logic period. I've been seeing this phenomenon on various different forums. Finally they admit to using either cracked Logic, cracked plugins or both.

True enough, but what was awesome about this, iirc, is that Gerhardt somehow did it deliberately. I'm not a programmer, but maybe another user "of a certain age" can confirm this for me . . .
Being of a "Certain Age", I can confirm this. I clearly recall people coming onto LUG (Logic Users Group) and moaning that their tracks kept drifting out of tune, or that their sampler played back at the wrong pitch.

It was, in effect, a clear admission of guilt...