Project saving EXS24 issue

Danny Wyatt

I've experienced this more than once:

I was working on a project and I keep saving different versions along the way, as new project files (I don't like the Alternatives feature).

I've been saving and saving, then out of the blue, it starts saving (copying the samples) from a Sampler Instrument I have, a piano. It didn't do this for any other versions, why now?!

Then, when I go to my project folder and go to the Sampler Instruments and the Samples folder and there's nothing in there...

I usually save all my Sampler Instruments, Ultrabeat, etc, with my projects. For this one, funny enough, I haven't ticked those boxes, yet, it was saying it was downloading the samples...

Can someone explain this behavior?

Another thing similar happens from time to time: I'm working on a project that never asked me to download anything and suddenly it says that I need to download extra content (from Apple), when I clearly didn't change anything in the project...

• 2 weeks later...
Have you moved your library to an external drive?

Does that happen on all projects or just some of them?

Have you considered updating Logic to a more recent version?

This has happened before, not just in this version, so it’s not the version itself

My library is all on my internal hard drive

it doesn’t happen with all projects. And I noticed that specific Sampler Instruments behave like this all the time. For example the Stinger Bass and another Sampler Instrument I created that I called Pop Bass, based on another factory preset always has problems finding the samples and keeps saving them.