Audio intermittently recorded late

daveyboy

I’ve had this issue for years and so far have no idea what’s causing it. Sometimes when punching in audio with my foot switch (connected to a MTP AV II) or even just punching in using a normal apple keyboard the audio is lined up starting roughly a beat or so late. This has happened on various versions of a Logic. I’m sure it’s something to do with my particular system but I thought I’d check in to see if others have had this happen to them. I’d say it happens a good 20% of the time for me. When I hit the foot switch I can see it recording but I also can see when it’s being recorded late. Thanks for any thoughts.

• 9 months later...

Bump and asking for suggestion:

I'm still having this issue intermittently but say it happens probably a good 40% of the time so it's super disruptive. Any stand alone USB midi foot foot switch suggestions? I'd be willing to try something that neither connects to the Alphatrack or the MTP AV. I have a Komplete Kontrol S88 mkII but it only has 2 foot switch inputs and they're both taken.

• 2 months later...
Bump again. Still having this intermittent issue. Am now using a Faderport 2. It seems this bug is only happening to me for some reason. This week some midi data was captured late. Maybe it has to do with all the various hubs I have connected. It’s hard to trouble shoot since it’s intermittent.

If you go main menu Record > Allow Quick Punch-in, do you still have the issue ?

Yes. I’ve had this issue for years on different macs/versions of Logic, etc. Super intermittent. I’m used to punching in with a foot switch. This week I had a client so was recording normally where I punch in with the querty keyboard. It happened once during that session. I’m not sure what would cause the audio to be recorded a little late. It’s usually off by around 1 beat.