how 2 NOT automatically resize track heights when u click a track

vladjenko
Go to solution Solved by Eriksimon,

Aight, after I recently updated I've had this occuring, it's annoying for real & I hope I find a fix as soon as possibe.

I searched this on the forum & found only the complete opposites such as "resetting the size of all tracks" or "Reset default track zoom in Logic Pro X".

My problem is: I adjust the track size to my likings. Then when I click on a different track, all of 'em change back to their regular size. Below is a GIF showing my issue.

https://media.giphy.com/media/h6mbXGLKuvXzgcc7hq/giphy.gif

Highly appreciate it if there's any fix for this. I believe years ago I saw others have the same exact thing going on, it wasn't a problem for them, just a personal preference. I'd assume it's a setting that has to be clicked in?

Can't seem to locate Deselect View, but thanks 4 the quick response.

OK.

Deselect:

View > Zoom Focused Track.

pic 2020-07-20 at 12.34.13.png

Thank you Erik! Appreciate it!

and thanks to David too. Y'all were quick on this case. Much love!

• 2 years later...

Hi there David, Alan; yes, I am still there, but I have a fulltime job now (well, since the summer of 2021 actually), and I appear to have switched passions, from music to photography. But I will no doubt someday return to music again. My daughter is in her final year at the conservatory in Utrecht, she's doing very well.

I work for a small software company, (online) software for administrating CO2 emissions for around 3.000 companies, mainly in the Netherlands, some in the rest of Europe, and some elsewhere in the world.

My by now gray-haired head is on the bottom of this page:
https://www.smarttrackers.nl/en/team/

I do actually use the skills of supporting people using software that I (also) learned on this forum (and from you personally, David), even though it is quite a different kind of software.

Nice to hear from  you guys. The forum looks nice and crisp and up to date, there's been another overhaul I assume? Looks good!

warm regards, Erik(simon).

• Love 2

Wow, good to hear back from you Erik! It's always odd interacting for years with someone online and then all of a sudden they're gone. I appreciate you filling us in. Good to hear you're working full time and apparently to do good in the world. Good to hear you've got a new passion as well. Any links to your photographs you want to share? 

13 minutes ago, Eriksimon said:

... and this whole time I thought you were a shut eye smiling cat!! 😹

14 minutes ago, Eriksimon said:

The forum looks nice and crisp and up to date, there's been another overhaul I assume? Looks good!

Yes back in April of last year I switched to a brand new shiny modern forum software, much better now. 

15 minutes ago, Eriksimon said:

I do actually use the skills of supporting people using software that I (also) learned on this forum (and from you personally, David), even though it is quite a different kind of software.

Wow, thanks for the kind words, that's great that you were able to take something out of it, you've also provided a whole lot of help for a ton of members here, so thanks to you for that. 🙂 

• Love 1

It's great to hear from you again and that you are doing so well. We do miss you but I fully understand as I too have a full time job. It can be very difficult to find the time to hang out here regularly and sometimes I can't come here for days or weeks at a time.

On 1/27/2023 at 10:40 AM, Eriksimon said:

It may be grey but at least your head has hair on it. I'm badly lacking in that area🧑‍🦲🤣

Thanks for the help and your contributions over the years,

Alan.