Unitor 8 is only recognised after midi rescan - Catalina

jpoloyannis
Go to solution Solved by rAC,

Hi guys,

Every time my system is booted up, I notice that the Unitor 8 is nearly always greyed out and won't work in logic. I found that when i go and rescan midi in "audio midi setup" it then becomes active again, and i can start working. Obviously I would rather it just work.

If anyone has any ideas of how to resolve this I would be grateful, as it's a pain at the moment.

Catalina macOS

Unitor 8 2.5 driver

I didn't notice it happening before Catalina.

Thanks

JPolo

since the Unitor 8 is at least 20 years old now-which is about 500 years in human time-I'm not surprised. Don't you know you're supposed to throw away all your computer stuff when it's over 6 years old? Come on man...get with the program! /s

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
Had this issue with Mojave.

Connecting the unitor directly to the Mac and not to a USB hub has resolved the issue.

Haven't tried Catalina yet

Thanks for that. I also added an automator action to rescan midi before logic loads.... it now works.

cheers

I am having this same problem with my Focusrite Saffire 40 interface in Big Sur 11.6. Would you be able to post the script you use to automate the midi rescan?

For Catalina a direct connection of the unitor without USB hub as solved my issue. Since then, no more issue up to big sur (just installed 2 days ago)

My Unitor 8 is still working every days and now with Big sur without any trick or script, just a direct USB connection to my Mac pro 2013.

Thanks for that. I also added an automator action to rescan midi before logic loads.... it now works.

cheers

I am having this same problem with my Focusrite Saffire 40 interface in Big Sur 11.6. Would you be able to post the script you use to automate the midi rescan?

Sorry, Automator action is gone, as since then I now have Mac m1 mini and Big Sur...so I have other issues with Unitor, although there was a drive written by some smart person on this forum.

From memory, I just literally recorded my actions in real time, and sped them up a bit...not really any script

Cheers

JP