Logic X tempo with Superior Drummer 2

janzalone

Hello, I am hoping someone can help me with a tempo issue that has been happening since I purchased a new midi pack for Superior Drummer 2.

Before the purchase everything was working fine. I was using an older version of El Capitan with an older version of Logic X. I have updated to Catalina and Logic 10.4.8 while trying to solve my issue.

The problem is that whenever I drag a groove or fill from SD2 into Logic, and choose to import it's tempo from the dialog box, it will not import the tempo, and Logic will default to the tempo of 120 BPM. If I choose NOT to import tempo, Logic will stay at the tempo Im working with. Obviously all of my recorded audio from whatever tempo I am working at no longer matches up. The behavior is the same no matter what tempo mode I choose (KEEP, ADAPT,AUTO).

I reached out to Apple, and they were amazing. Super helpful, but no fix. They said that because I was able to import tempos correctly when using Apple loops that it was most likely a SD2 issue. Again everything worked fine before I purchased a new midi pack. I contacted Toontrack, and they said that SD2 didn't support that function (really? its a drum program), and no fix was scheduled because SD2 had been discontinued.

My question to you is if there is another possible setting that I've overlooked (it was working fine), or if there is a setting to keep Logics tempo locked at the projects tempo when I drag a groove in. The fact that I can't import the tempo is one problem. The fact that Logic defaults back to 120 is another. They only action that keeps the project's tempo from changing is if I say no in the dialog box. If I say yes to import the tempo then I get 120 BPM every time. Any help to keep the tempo from acting this way would be great!!!

Thanks, Joe