"Some additional content is needed for this project" [SOLVED]

mugtree2000

Looks like it's sorted now, after reinstalling the whole library - about 2 hours. Then re building spotliight - left it over night to do. You have to wait till that status bar is done when you bring up spotlight and search for something the blue bar pops up under what you are searching for. To start it you have to do this slightly odd thing where you add then remove the HD and external (which is what I did) and then remove it. As per: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201716

Ok that's great to hear! Thanks a lot for updating us and share what fixed it for you. Really helpful. :D

• 4 weeks later...

I get exactly the same problem with Logic 10.5.0

Reinstalled the entire sound library twice and re-indexed via spotlight yet the problem still persists. Sound library says everything is installed and my logic folder is local on my MAC and has never been on an external drive before.

What's even more annoying is, once you get the message 'Some additional content is needed for this project. Do you want to download it now?', the download bar goes blue but nothing happens other than the library contents flashing up in the Library. Saving the file as a different name doesn't work either and it happens with files created with Logic X.

I'm hoping Apple resolve soon.

Martin

Absolutely sure. Then after reading your message I re-indexed the whole of my MAC HD. I even kicked indexing off via terminal, opened spotlight and watched it index initially to make sure it was doing it. Still, I get the message.

I've just been playing with a file that this does it on. I deleted the drummer track and re-saved. I then closed it and re-opened and it opened without the message. I then added the drummer track and the message appeared again. I then repeated the exercise and tried a different drummer and the same thing happened. So, whilst this is not conclusive, it does look like it is something to do with the drummer.

On a more positive note, my MAC is running a lot quicker after the indexing! Every cloud.......

Ok sounds like you are doing everything you can. Sure you have but make sure the external drive name is the same as it ever was - exactly. I changed the name of mine to Music and it all went wrong. So back to boring samsung_t5. Also make sure you don't have any linked files things, a method used before logic did that update where you can "easily" put sounds on external. So might not be applicable to you. Well done identifying Drummer.