Logic Pro X 10.4.7 released

musos

Some advice from Jonny Evans at Computerworld:

I'm still surprised the developers behind some very popular Logic plug-ins have failed to upgrade their (costly) apps for Catalina. In fact, I think that’s inexcusable, and obviously it does mean if you use Logic you should delay the upgrade.

Be warned....

@amberlin:

Maybe refresh your browser?

I see this:

New in Logic Pro 10.4.7

Stability/Reliability

• Resolves an issue where enabling an audio driver while another application is actively using the same driver could cause Logic Pro to unexpectedly quit.
    Resolves an issue when clicking the Edit button in EXS24 while running in Spanish would cause Logic Pro to quit unexpectedly.

Accessibility

• It is now possible to insert a plug-in before an existing plug-in using VoiceOver
    When assigning icons to tracks, VoiceOver now announces the name of the icon.
    VoiceOver now properly announces disclosure triangles in Inspectors.
    It is now possible to scroll to plug-in parameters outside the current view using VoiceOver.
    VoiceOver now announces the toggle state of hardware controls in channel strips.
    When multiple plug-ins are inserted consecutively using VoiceOver, they are now consistently inserted in the expected order and announced correctly.
    VoiceOver now announces quantization applied by key command.
    Interacting with a channel mode button using VoiceOver no longer shifts the focus away from the channel strip.
    It is now possible to navigate the pop-up menus for Outputs, Inputs, Groups and the Channel strip Settings menu using VoiceOver.
    VoiceOver now announces the state of buttons in the Control Bar.
    VoiceOver no longer announces an unnecessary “zero” when selecting items in the Track Header.
    Send values no longer jump by random amounts when adjusting them using VoiceOver.
    The untagged Loops browser is now accessible using VoiceOver.
    It is now possible to drag non-contiguous tracks into a Track Stack using VoiceOver.
    VoiceOver now announces the Gain Reduction Meter in channel strips.
    VoiceOver now announces the state of the Input Mode button on channel strips.

Mixer

• Stereo width and panning can now be adjusted using the scroll wheel on a mouse.
    When you click and hold the Input Mode button on a newly created channel strip, the Input Mode menu now consistently appears.
    When the project setting "Only load plug-ins needed for project playback" is enabled, busses the patch sends to are now activated as expected.

Flex Time and Flex Pitch

• Flex Pitch notes now continue to display properly after Reset All is performed for Flex Pitch adjustments on a region that has been split.
    Splitting a note on Flex Pitch no longer causes Flex Pitch detection to disappear for the note to the right side of the split.

Automation

• Automation can now be written from Audio Units v.3 plug-ins.
    Resolves an issue in which it was not possible to automate certain 3rd party Audio Unit plug-in parameters.

Plug-ins

The Impulse Response Utility now creates useable IR files.

Articulations

Settings in the Track Inspector no longer unexpectedly affect Articulation Output switches.

Drummer

Clicking a Pad in Drum Machine Designer after clicking the Sends tab no longer causes unexpected global controls to appear in the Smart Control page.

Export/Bounce

It is now possible to bounce a track in place in a project that has not yet been saved.

Sharing

The dialog for sharing to SoundCloud now allows the username and password to be successfully entered.

Video

• SMPTE-locked audio regions now remain properly synced to video after the left border of the movie is changed.
    Control Surfaces/MIDI Controllers
    Logic Remote now reliably shows the solo state of a soloed channel in Logic Pro.

Is anyone else -- ON AN IMAC PRO -- not seeing Logic 10.4.7 as an Update? But you do see it as an Install?

I see GarageBand 10.3.3 on the App Store "Updates" tab, but not Logic.

Switching to the "Purchased" tab, I see Logic listed as "INSTALL" instead of "UPDATE". Presumably this will reinstall 10.4.7 over my 10.4.6.

I did not have this problem updating from 10.4.4 to 10.4.6.

I am wondering if iMac Pro users are seeing this because Apple wants us to do a whole new download. Or something.

On my laptop I see 10.4.7 as an update, as expected. But not on the iMac Pro.

Thanks,

Fred

Mouse wheel work again on volume and pan on Track Mixer under inspector.

Not very useful for me but, for thoses that like it.

Very useful, proper stereo pan was a PITA without it :)

No doubt! Glad to see the pan fixed and the undo issue which was really messing with me.

Everyone be sure to send Logic Feedback as soon as you hit a problem!

...and to add insult to injury, the 10.4.7 updater deemed it reasonable to change both my copies of 10.4.4 to 10.4.7, the original and the safety copy I made minutes earlier for, you know, reasons.

Now I need to grab it from yesterdays Time Machine backup, that'll teach ya. Or did you mess with that too, you creepy little sh!t ?

I always create zip files of my previous versions. Bummed to hear you’re having issues. Maybe it’ll behave better on Mojave. I’ll know soon enough. If it does have issues I’m also going back to 10.4.4.

Let us know how Alphatrack is working for you.

Also, I’m curious why people are rolling back to 10.4.4 verses 10.4.6?

...and to add insult to injury, the 10.4.7 updater deemed it reasonable to change both my copies of 10.4.4 to 10.4.7, the original and the safety copy I made minutes earlier for, you know, reasons.

Now I need to grab it from yesterdays Time Machine backup, that'll teach ya. Or did you mess with that too, you creepy little sh!t ?

Ouch. To prevent this in the future, instead of just making the copy, do a control-click in the Finder and select "Compress Logic Pro X.app." This will duplicate the app as well as compress the duplicate into a .zip file, which cannot be modified by an app update or reinstall.

10.4.7 does not fix the bug introduced in 10.4.6 (or possibly 10.4.5, but I skipped 10.4.5) where the first time you Bounce the project, the Tab key works in the Bounce window. But the next time you Bounce the project, the Tab key no longer works. Big pain in the ass to not be able to Tab from field to field anymore in that window. Restarting the app fixes it, but again only for the first Bounce, after which the Tab key breaks again.

I always create zip files of my previous versions. Bummed to hear you’re having issues. Maybe it’ll behave better on Mojave. I’ll know soon enough. If it does have issues I’m also going back to 10.4.4.

Let us know how Alphatrack is working for you.

Also, I’m curious why people are rolling back to 10.4.4 verses 10.4.6?

Alphatrack is working great! Although I do get the occasional message that it won't work in Catalina. Another reason I will probably stop here on Mojave.

10.4.7 seems to working fine for me so far. I'm not having the rubber band regions issue. In fact the cursor zoom and selection seem to be faster and better than before.

Since 10.4.5 when they made a lot of changes, it seems like I started having a lot of issues. 10.4.6 fixed some things but lately I've been unable to UNDO which is a deal breaker, since I apparently make a lot of mistakes. I prefer to be on the latest version so I'm hoping that 10.4.7 is solid.

Seems like after they update the program with a lot of new features, it takes a few minor updates to get back to a stable program. I've come to realize I don't really need the "load VI only when used" feature since I prefer my template be ready to go and I keep it pretty lean. So if 10.4.7 doesn't work out, I'll go back to 10.4.4 which seemed to be a solid version.

Again, I have to wonder about these releases coupled with no big update this year. Apple has something up its sleeve.

It's almost certain that they are working on larger features that will likely come in 10.5 at some point... It does seem the work on the 10.4.x branch has slowed down to just small fixes now.

I’m curious why people are rolling back to 10.4.4 verses 10.4.6?

Because these uber-frequent crashes out of nowhere began with 10.4.5.

10.4.5 was the first version that was "optimised" for the Mac Pro, and had a change in OS requirements to High Sierra - so this version had some fairly deep fundamental changes mostly for performance reasons - but it was a little flaky for some folks. 10.4.4 was the last version from the previous, more stable, Sierra-required version.