Logic Pro X (Faster Start)

jimdilian
Go to solution Solved by skijumptoes,

Yeah you've got something else going on because it's not even scanning your AU plug-ins during this whole time. This is definitely not normal behavior. Contact Apple for support.

thattt is because after using time machine.. and rescaning all my AU's I used an app called "OSX Validate All AUs"

with or without that app ON.. the time it is the same..

Check 32 lives for updates also, and re-resurrect plugins to ensure they're using the latest 32 lives wrapper.

One other thing, you have no third party utilities for cleaning your Mac? Like mackeeper/ccleaner/etc. ? If you do, ensure they're not touching (Exclude) the AU Cache or any other elements tied in with Logic/AU's.

I've only seen Logic pause when it's scanning plugins (Where their names scroll through at the bottom of that dialog box), not when it's searching for plugins which yours is doing - so agree it is unusual.

Thanks. I think that worked.

This started when I tried 3rd-party snare brushes from Brushify and Audio Animals. Never again. Not only did they suck. they mucked everything up.

I finally discovered LPX has decent brushes. I knew there was a snare called 'Vintage Brushes', but it never sounded good to me. Then this week I stumbled on something. I found out by accident that if you take the velocity to zero (!) there is still a sound, and it is a great brush sound.

Since I think a snare often sounds better with a brush component layered over the top of it, I'll likely be doing this a lot. Sounds better than a white noise track/noise gate setup, by far.

And you removed the 32lives wrappers from the 32 bit plugins that you resurrected and then re-applied it? (Just checking as that's important).

Also, do you have any other software which may be wrapping/affecting the plugins? Perhaps like Novation Automap etc?

And i do agree with you that it's frustrating how only Logic seems to be the one that gets caught up with AU's on scan in the main, i expect it's doing something that Apple requires as part of the standard which the others bypass in the sake of usability!

And you removed the 32lives wrappers from the 32 bit plugins that you resurrected and then re-applied it? (Just checking as that's important).

Also, do you have any other software which may be wrapping/affecting the plugins? Perhaps like Novation Automap etc?

And i do agree with you that it's frustrating how only Logic seems to be the one that gets caught up with AU's on scan in the main, i expect it's doing something that Apple requires as part of the standard which the others bypass in the sake of usability!

Yes Removed 32lives wrappers with 32 lives and checked that they are gone in the "Components folder" I don't have Novation Automap,

Yes All The others DAWS using only AU only.. that problem doesn't happen.. only in Logic Pro X I wish apple could fix that or make it like the other Daws..

others Daws.. Ableton takes 5 seconds to start.. or less.. Reaper too.. super fast.. Studio One like 8 seconds.. Logic Pro X One min and 20 seconds..

very very frustrating..

As you can probably tell from the large number of responses, all trying to understand and help with your problem, what you are experiencing isn’t normal behavior. Logic Pro only scans your plug-ins once, the first time it sees them. This isn’t a difference between Logic and other DAWs, or a design flaw that Apple should address, because what you are describing is not how the software works.

As you can probably tell from the large number of responses, all trying to understand and help with your problem, what you are experiencing isn’t normal behavior. Logic Pro only scans your plug-ins once, the first time it sees them. This isn’t a difference between Logic and other DAWs, or a design flaw that Apple should address, because what you are describing is not how the software works.

yeah.. who knows.. it only happens with Logic Pro X ... it doesn't happen with the other DAWS, who knows.. I have tried everything.. 1:20 min will be the wait.. I wish logic could do something about this.. I read many problems with validation AU Units only with "Logic Pro X" .. who knows why only Logic does that

There is a difference between Logic and other DAWs, I’ve experienced it numerous times where Logic has to scan each time whereas others don’t too, and usually it’s because of Waves in my case.

I just presume there’s something in the AU standard/validation that Logic applies and the others bypass, if they were in the App Store I expect it would be different and they would act the same perhaps?

i said ‘numerous’ times not ‘every’ time, and when it occurs it’s every time until rectified. And there’s evidence of it occurring here frequently too:

search.php?keywords=Logic+rescan+waves

So not sure what your point is with that reply, are you saying Waves cannot cause such behaviour based on your anecdotal experience? If so, apologies to the OP for wasting their time checking Waves.

You were actually denying that DAWs react differently to Logic despite the OP explaining this, and also decided to reply anecdotally in opposition that Waves is a known culprit for Logic startup times.

I think the OP is fully aware that this behaviour is not normal, or they wouldn't be asking for help. If you've not experienced problems, what use is telling someone that your system runs fine? It's like doing star jumps in front of someone with a broken leg.