Amp simulators

Haitta

Does anyone know any good amp simulators that are free? I am unable to get the tone I want with the amps in Logic Pro X. I have AmpliTube and have a few metal amps from AmpliTube that I got for free but am still not able to find the sound I'm looking for. I am looking to get a hard rock/metal sound like Avenged Sevenfold, Bullet For My Valentine, and Killswitch Engage.

Ignite amps have some great free plugins:-

http://www.igniteamps.com/#software

Right now, one of the most important aspects is to use IR (Impulse Responses) for your cabinet simulation - these are actual audio extraction of Mic and Cabinets that people have recorded based on frequency sweeps, and you can apply to your own amp setups to get a really natural sound 'in the box'.

So, in Logic you would build the setup yourself using separate inserts, then save that out as a channel strip preset to recall in future - you get a truly great sound doing this.

i.e. A simple setup would be:-

Slot 1 - Pedal Board/Compressor etc

Slot 2 - Amp (only) Plugin (Like Ignites Emissary)

Slot 3 - IR Loader (NadIR/Space Designer etc.)

You can get a stack of IR's for free by googling, i.e.:-

https://soundwoofer.com/Library

And ignite amps have a IR loader from the link above (NadIR), or you can use Space designer within Logic - which also comes with some cab sims. You could even disable the cab emulation on the Logic presets and put an IR loader on top to get a big improvement.

It's a big world to explore, but a brief understanding:-

• 2 years later...