SampleTank4 - 15 MIDI channels - one instance desired

facej

I haven't been able to come to grips with this yet. I have SampleTank4 - I can have a 16 instruments loaded in to 1 instrument track on various MIDI channels.

I have 15 MIDI tracks (imported from a MIDI file) that I would really like to map to the same SampleTank instrument.

Just not sure of the proper (easiest) path to where I want to be.

Create a software instrument with ST4. Check. Load instruments into the 16 "slots" in the ST4 instrument on appropriate MIDI channels. Check.

Now I want to map/assign/attach each of the 15 MIDI tracks that I have to the various and proper spots in the ST4 instrument.

Do I create a "folder" with the MIDI tracks? Track stack? Summing stack?

If I think about it I would guess that I create a "folder" of the 15 MIDI tracks and assign the "folder" to the instrument, but it really isn't clear...

This is a new branch of working in Logic for me...pointers to proper places in the "manuals" are greatly appreciated, or chapters in "the book"

Thanks in advance.

Here's the way I approach multi-timbral, mulit-output instruments:

- Instantiate a multi-output instrument. Enter 1 for Multi-timbral and 1 for Number of Tracks. This results in one instrument track in the tracks area and one instrument channel strip in the mixer.

- In the mixer, click the (+) button above the solo button to create as many aux channels as needed: 14 or 15

- Select the aux channels in the mixer and while still selected, click Control-T, the aux channels now appear as tracks in the tracks area.

- Populate ST4 with parts as needed. In ST4, assign each part to a separate output.

- The first aux track will correspond to the second part in ST4

- Copy or move your MIDI regions to the ST4 instrument and the 14 aux tracks.

- You can independently automate each aux and insert audio plug-ins as needed.

Sometimes I have issues using the instrument track. In that case, I'll only use the aux tracks for MIDI.