Surround sound signal to LFE

Kenzie

I am Working on a surround mix, but am getting NO feed to my LFE. however, when I send a test signal, I do see that there is signal in the LFE. My tracks are very bass heavy and loud, but there is ZERO signal from any of my tracks in the LFE. Also the LFE in the surround panner is maxed up

I have read about a bug in logic years ago pertaining to this issue, but had hoped it was no longer an issue.

please help as this makes no sense and should it be a bug, I need to know ASAP

Thank you for your help

As soon as the source is surround the surround panner changes to a surround balancer and the option to send to LFE disappears. Not quite a bug, it's probably intended to work the way, but it's certainly not useful to anyone. On stereo tracks we now have true stereo panning (it used to be only balancing), so Apple should make it the same for surround too. Please send feedback to Apple. I certainly keep pestering them about it.

In the meantime, an easy workaround for just the LFE issue is the simply create a send and aux channel for the LFE.