New MBP - can I copy previously downloaded content instead of having to download it?

reflectingme

Hi All

So, I have got myself a replacement Macbook Pro, which is a 2.9GHz i7, and I need to get all my sounds installed again etc. I haven't been able to migrate anything across because of issues I had with the previous Macbook Pro so I am doing a fresh install of all my apps on High Sierra.

I can access the HDD's where all my downloaded content was stored (wherever it was actually stored - not sure) and am wondering if there is a way that I can simply copy the LPX content across to my newer Macbook Pro rather than have it download - which is going to take several hours.

Any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks

You can, but you need to know where it all is (it's distributed in a few different places).

So, you can leave it downloading unattended, or you can spend the hours instead working out which content to copy, copying it, and checking it all worked without you missing anything. It's not just a simple case of copying one folder...

Hint: The unattended download is far less hassle and will make sure everything is put in the correct place and works, with no effort required... ;)