Will upgrading to a SSD instead of HDD improve things?

reflectingme
Go to solution Solved by Jordi Torres,

Hi All

Just a quick question as I am about to upgrade the main drive in my Macbookpro from 350GB HDD to a 1TB SSD and I am curious as to if this will make any noticeable improvement in any items within LogicProX. I often get audio playback issues within LPX where the system maxes out and wondered if this might be due to read/write speeds of audio to/from the drive?

I am upgrading for faster storage, boot time and general disc access etc and also sadly the 'I am unable to afford a new MacbookPro' reasons :) So wondered if this upgrade might improve things a little in the LPX arena?

Advice/thoughts... thanks.

• Solution

Hi,

I often get audio playback issues within LPX where the system maxes out and wondered if this might be due to read/write speeds of audio to/from the drive?

If this happens because the HD meter in Logic is maxing out, then yes, an SSD will help (this would mean of course that your projects would be run from the SSD).

If your playback issues are due to the CPU meter maxing, then no, the SSD won't help.

J.