Fade out question

3ple

Hey guys! :)

Is there a way to change how the region fade behaves? Every time I use the fade out, it kinda fades out progressively, but then the last portion sounds as if it's sudden. 9 times out of 10, changing the curve itself doesn't sound the way I want it so I end up using volume automation, which sometimes is not what I want to use. I see that for crossfade there are some different options. Just wondering if there are options for fades as well, maybe like "exponential" and "linear" or something.

Thanks! :)

• 4 years later...
Hey I just wondered the same thing. Did you find out anything about this?

You can change the Curve parameter number on the Region Parameter Box top left. You can go positive or negative and that will change the curve shape of the fade.

Or,

You can enable fade tool zone in Logic's preferences and do it with the mouse:

476346758_ChangingFadeCurve.gif.40a22511e52c8d6c54569ceec5ec642c.gif

Edited by triplets

Hi

Thanks, but is it possible to create an S-curve fade too like it is possible in Ableton?

I just added a gif with the fade tool.

You can change the type of fade in the same box and chose X S fade.

I'm aware of this, but is it possible to create a S-shaped fade out? Not a crossfade though. For example when using a kick as audio region and wanting to to so to make smooth fade outs. Actually the same like in the automation, but directly on the region. Hope I'm more specific with my question.

No, there is no S-shape fade out.

Since the X S crossfade needs two adjacent regions to work, you can fool Logic by attaching a muted region next to it.

If you're going to do that make sure you re-center the fade so it occurs only in the first region, not overlapping the silent region - or you'll get half a fade and then a sudden drop to zero. Do it like this:

fade-to-silence.png.71f47079ae49883419025e9f4623f95b.png

OR

fade-to-silence-2.png.07bc66c5727e377700b0381e9e571399.png

Since the X S crossfade needs two adjacent regions to work, you can fool Logic by attaching a muted region next to it.

If you're going to do that make sure you re-center the fade so it occurs only in the first region, not overlapping the silent region - or you'll get half a fade and then a sudden drop to zero.

fade-to-silence.png

OR

fade-to-silence-2.png

Good point, thanks David

If you're going to do that make sure you re-center the fade so it occurs only in the first region, not overlapping the silent region - or you'll get half a fade and then a sudden drop to zero. Do it like this:

fade-to-silence.png

OR

fade-to-silence-2.png

This what you just showed, I realized I don't find the way to move it :)