Making A Quick Time movie of Logic Project

Music Spirit

Has anyone experience  making  instructional videos by making a Quicktime Movie of a Logic Project playing  from bar 1 to the end? 

If so I would be much appreciate any response you have to the following: 

a) I would like the Score Editor to scroll in Page View ( not Linear as this would reduce distracting screen updates) displaying  a single lead instrumental line with lyrics so that you could sing or play along with the movie. 

b) Suppose you did a cover version of a popular tune or standard would you hit music copy right problems if you posted it on Youtube? 

c) Is there a way of including a window .. via plug in or other means  - of displaying a Piano Keyboard  horizontally from left to right ( ie not like the Piano Roll from top to bottom!) so that the notes played by midi are lit as the Project plays and the view can see literally which notes on the keyboard are being played as the Project scrolls? ( Obviously the slower the tempo the better) 

d) what about the audio of the final QT movie?  Would you mix it down separately and add it to the QT movie ..? Or would the recording of the entire Project as QT movie be good enough audio? 

cheers

MS 

B) I am no expert, but as long as you recorded your own version of the song, and were not making money off it, I think this would be OK. Others may be more enlightened than I on this matter, though.

D) I use an excellent app called ScreenFlow, but I believe QT can record screen capture too.  And yes, I then use Final Cut Pro to import the captured screen grab (from QT or Screenflow) and align the recorded audio with the video. NB: you  may also be able to record good quality audio at the same time as capturing the screen depending on your set up.

B) I am no expert, but as long as you recorded your own version of the song, and were not making money off it, I think this would be OK. Others may be more enlightened than I on this matter, though.

D) I use an excellent app called ScreenFlow, but I believe QT can record screen capture too.  And yes, I then use Final Cut Pro to import the captured screen grab (from QT or Screenflow) and align the recorded audio with the video. NB: you  may also be able to record good quality audio at the same time as capturing the screen depending on your set up.

Thanks for your feedback -  I have been reading up on ScreenFlow vs QT and it seems that ScreenFlow you can do pretty much anything you want. I would record the Logic Project scrolling and then add a mixed bounced version of the same project as audio. Presumably you can then just bounce that into a video format and export it.... 

Though I am curious what you would need FCP for.. can you not do everything in ScreenFlow?  I mean the main thing is to display just the Logic Project with it's own audio added as a sound track separately.. 

Thanks for your feedback -  I have been reading up on ScreenFlow vs QT and it seems that ScreenFlow you can do pretty much anything you want. I would record the Logic Project scrolling and then add a mixed bounced version of the same project as audio. Presumably you can then just bounce that into a video format and export it.... 

Though I am curious what you would need FCP for.. can you not do everything in ScreenFlow?  I mean the main thing is to display just the Logic Project with it's own audio added as a sound track separately.. 

Yep you are right, Screenflow is a pretty powerful screen recording app. It can capture video and audio from any screen or audio source, even your iPhone it if is connected. And yes, I could do all I require from Screenflow and not use FCP as I can record the screen and audio from the playing version of what I want to demonstrate directly from my sound card so there's no loss in audio quality either.

I've not dived into the advanced features of screen flow, but for sure - FCP is quite simply a superb video editing application.  I use it for multiple video in video, adding text, fades, intros, and colour correction and enhancement for example when I've recorded birds through my digiscope etc. (my other hobby). However, I am sure Screenflow would do some of these things, and I really should invest the time to learn if it can, and then how to use them.

I am sure Screenflow would suit your requirements though.  Let me know how you get on.