No mic audio from MOTU 828 mk2 to Logic Pro X 10.3

cakemog
Go to solution Solved by denitronik,

Hi all on the forum - I have used Logic Pro X for a good while now and love. Haven't had any real issues, until now. Going round in circles for hours trying to figure this out - hoping someone here can help??

Running a 2012 MacBook Pro with i5 and 16 Gb RAM installed

Installed latest Sierra OS and Logic Pro X 10.3 – all seems fine

In Logic ‘Audio’ Preferences are set with MOTU 828 on both Input & Output.

Did a MOTU 828 factory reset – installed MOTU 1.6 (71459) driver from Nov. 2016, the most recent I can find.

In a project my audio channel is selected with Record & Input Monitor buttons selected. The channel Input is set to ch 8 (tried others!!).

My mic (with phantom power on) is connected to a GoldenAge Pre-73 preamp (signal showing), from there to a GoldenAge Comp-54 compressor (signal showing), and into ch 8 on the rear of the MOTU (ch 8 signal showing on the MOTU front panel).

Cumix faders set to 0 db and signal showing on ch 8 & stereo out in the Cumix mixer.

Playback of previously recorded audio is perfect.

MIDI VST instruments working perfectly on both playback & record.

All plugins are scanned without issues.

I have audio from the mic in the headphones – but there is no signal on the input meters of my Logic channel.

Enough to drive you mad - thanks loads for any assistance!! Carl

Well spotted denitronik - all up and running again. Embarrassed that I missed that little (but important) item of the shift in channel numbers between the Motu 828 mk2 and Logic Pro X. Can't thank you enough for the quick and accurate reponse - hope you have a great day & super luck with your music!! Carl (in the UK)

Strange this David - thanks for your comment, I used to have to take this into account years ago when I first got my MOTU 828 Mk2. Then (for whatever reason, different drivers maybe) I haven't needed to take it into account for quite a while - the MOTU 1-8 channels seemed to line up with the equivalent 1-8 channels in Logic, so I totally forgot about it. Now, after all the updates I did recently, the 828 analogue 1-8 outputs line up with channels 3-10 in Logic again. Anyway, I'm very relieved it wasn't a more serious problem and glad to be recording again. Logic Pro and the MacBook Pro have been a very stable combo - thanks again both of you! Best, C