Select all Track Automation nodes Logic X [SOLVED]

Blue Monkey
Go to solution Solved by Blue Monkey,

• 4 years later...
  • 10 months later...
Just so that the info is quickly found in this thread:

To select all automation on an automation lane, Command-click the numeric field in the track header:

select all track automation.png

David, I didn't know about this trick, but I noticed that at least with 10.6.3, you don't need the CMD anymore. If you just click the TRIM box as you said, it selects the automation.

Maybe you want to update your post to include that info for other versions of Logic?

Thanks for the tip. Very useful

You're welcome!

Another tip: you can select multiple tracks, or even all tracks, and drag a Trim field up or down to lower or raise the automation curves of all tracks at once. :D

You don't know, by any chance, a way to select ALL automation nodes in a project?

For example when it comes to locking SMPTE for automation, so far it seems that it has to be done one track at a time.

Any tips?

You don't know, by any chance, a way to select ALL automation nodes in a project?

For example when it comes to locking SMPTE for automation, so far it seems that it has to be done one track at a time.

Any tips?

I haven't tried, but have you tried the automation event list, or the automation main window?

When I open the Track Automation Event List, I can select all automation for a single track, but then I have to go and do the same for every track, one by one.

What do you mean by "automation main window"?

If you open the Automation Event List, then open a main window, that's what I call the automation main window: it's a normally hidden folder of the main window that shows you MIDI regions on all tracks that contain all the track automation data. You can use the Transform Window for example to process events in multiple regions at once.

If you open the Automation Event List, then open a main window, that's what I call the automation main window: it's a normally hidden folder of the main window that shows you MIDI regions on all tracks that contain all the track automation data. You can use the Transform Window for example to process events in multiple regions at once.

Sorry... still a bit confused haha

I'm assuming that when you say "Automation Event List" you are referring to the "Track Automation Event List" right? This:

1483654537_ScreenShot2022-01-15at4_37_36PM.png.48137dcd6a65d92eb594e3aef27d34f4.png

So on this image that would open the window on the left:

315642661_ScreenShot2022-01-15at4_36_33PM.thumb.png.8b63f61e5959ac2ca37d3affeeb53734.png

Now if that's the window you refer to, I'm a bit confused what you mean by "main window"?

Screenshot/GIF maybe helps... :)

Haha what you're missing is that I have no clue what you mean by "main window"...

Main window as in...? Tracks window? Events window? MIDI window? :P

What is a "main window" to you? I'm confused about that

Ooooh I see. :D Just choose Window > Open Main Window. What you're thinking of as the "Tracks window" has been renamed "Main window" for a while now.

Haha what you're missing is that I have no clue what you mean by "main window"...

Ooooh I see. :D Just choose Window > Open Main Window. What you're thinking of as the "Tracks window" has been renamed "Main window" for a while now.

Ok now that makes sense :) Since you were writing it with lower case, I wasn't assuming that that was the actual name of a window...

I guess it's the second time they change the name of that window, right? Which one will be next? Regions Window? Project Window? Who knows...? haha

Ok so what you suggested worked when it comes to locking the SMPTE for all automation, thanks for that! :)

It's a bit weird that we need such a mysterious and complex way of doing it. it's another "Apple's Way" of doing things ;)

Really appreciate the tip!

Just decided to create a post explaining it, because maybe other people could find this information useful:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=162029&p=850325#p850325