Older Logic dongle

Studio162A

• 4 years later...
David, does this look like it should work with a version of Logic 7? Or Logic 5 if I need to source that version?

HAH! Well.. from the looks of it... it sure does look like the first one should work for Logic 7? Going solely by the label on it. :mrgreen:

Unfortunately I don't remember at what point the switch was made from the dark-blue dongle to the white apple dongle, or if you HAD to have the new dongle for the new versions or if you could use an older dongle and update it. Anyone here can help on this topic?

The white Apple XSkey version for was late purchasers of LP7 once it was sold by Apple, but the blue emagic XSkey (introduced for LP5.x) of course worked for upgrades through Logic 7.

There's no difference apart from the casing - they just needed to not give new Apple customers an emagic-branded key, which might be confusing ;)

There were a bunch of authorisations stored on a key - both for the platform, and the version (as well as individual plugins, before the first "Logic Pro" version, 6.4, with emagic now owned by Apple, bundled them all in with Logic - and it was like Christmas had come early :) ).

If you had, for example a key with Win 5.x on it, this will not authorise LP6 or LP7, and it won't authorise 5.x on a Mac either. These major versions were all paid upgrades.

So yes, make sure you get a key with an auth for LP7 (Mac obviously) on it, otherwise you won't be able to run LP7.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi . I’m trying to get a g4 system to work and after weeks of searching for a digidesign lead which I lost years ago (found one) I then found a blue dongle but the guy posted it with USPS (worst postal service !) in the middle of the election and well..... it’s been 7 weeks and I think it’s pretty lost

:(

CAN ANYONE HELP ME FIND ONE WOULD BE SO APPRECIATED. exhausted all avenues

T

There were a bunch of authorisations stored on a key - both for the platform, and the version (as well as individual plugins, before the first "Logic Pro" version, 6.4, with emagic now owned by Apple, bundled them all in with Logic - and it was like Christmas had come early :) ).

If you had, for example a key with Win 5.x on it, this will not authorise LP6 or LP7, and it won't authorise 5.x on a Mac either. These major versions were all paid upgrades.

So yes, make sure you get a key with an auth for LP7 (Mac obviously) on it, otherwise you won't be able to run LP7.

hi there. have a queston. i used to run logic either 5 or 6 cant quite remember until i get a g4 to work, its in the menders. have found a logic 7 dongle. will this latest era dongle for 7 open logic arrangements 5-6. or are dongles exclusive for their program editions. i imagine you cant go up, but maybe going down is ok ? dont want to miss the listing. thanks for any help t

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...