Random automation appearing from nowhere.

Br0ckout

Hey Guys,

I've noticed this weird bug with Logic recently (I think its after I updated to 10.2.0). I've noticed random automation appearing on various channels. Nothing I would of assigned either, as it's never anything I automate. Today I found random automation on the compressor threshold (Kramer in Waves) and had to delete it from the track. I don't think its my MIDI keyboard sending bad data as all the channels are always set to read.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Logic Pro X 10.2.0

MacOSX 10.9.5

Nope, never had any similar issue, in no versions at all.

It was always my own fault. Most of the times I forgot to reset the automation read/write status on the tracks. I left them at e.g. "Touch" and as soon as I turned any knob I got automation points.

I think it's not possible that automation is written when the track(s) are not in any of the automation record modes.

• 7 months later...
Hey i just want to say this happens to me ALL the time, very intricate automation sequences appearing totally randomly, I never automate so it's not me.

Well that's not normal behavior, and you shouldn't have to live with it! Moreover, it should be a fairly easy issue to troubleshoot. Your automation must come from somewhere, hence my suggestion to start by turning off all connected MIDI equipment as a troubleshooting step.

Hahah yeah it is not cool at all, but no hardware/ keyboard is connected whatsoever. I must also say I am one Logic update short of being totally current but considering the rarity of this issue I doubt it was addressed. I just have to fight it and keep deleting/ turning off automation over and over again, before it comes up with some other crazy auto sequence shows up again.

Hahah yeah it is not cool at all, but no hardware/ keyboard is connected whatsoever. I must also say I am one Logic update short of being totally current but considering the rarity of this issue I doubt it was addressed. I just have to fight it and keep deleting/ turning off automation over and over again, before it comes up with some other crazy auto sequence shows up again.

Any other app running with Logic while you're experiencing this? Any 3rd party utility on your Mac?

The next step would be to create a new user account on your Mac and try running Logic from there to see wether or not you're experiencing the same issue in the new account.

• 4 years later...
I have the same problem. I was working with some automations on one of my tracks, and next thing I know the low pass filter on a completely different track has been altered and the instrument itself changed from EFM1 to ES2. I started performing undo steps to see where the change had occurred, to no avail, and only to realize I somehow couldn't redo my progress. This automation glitch has plagued me on multiple projects, regardless of the keyboard being on or off, and with all other applications closed with the exception of perhaps a browser. This is insane, I don't know what to do.