Pitch Bend Wheel Stopped Working! [SOLVED]

shai.port
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

Hey! Please help!!

The pitch bend wheel isn't working suddenly.

I tried 2 different keyboards (regardless - when i touch the pitch bend wheel i see a little dot next to the time signature at the top, indicating that the information is being received)

I tried many different plug ins (so its not a problem with a particular synthesizer or plug in)

I also re-opened a project i know for a fact i used the pitch bend wheel on, and it's not working there either.

It must be something in the midi environment / midi settings, but i cannot find anything.

I don't have any controller assignments.

I followed the guidelines here on how to restore Logic Pro X to it's original settings: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7163967 , restarted the computer. still doesn't work.

Please help! Thank you!!!

Create a new empty project (NOT from any template!) and see if that works.

What you can also do is attach the faulty project (ZIP (= right- or control-click the project and from the contextual menu choose "compress") it first though) here so we can take a look at it. You can delete any musical content from it first, if you want.

Hey! Please help!!

The pitch bend wheel isn't working suddenly.

I tried 2 different keyboards (regardless - when i touch the pitch bend wheel i see a little dot next to the time signature at the top, indicating that the information is being received)

I tried many different plug ins (so its not a problem with a particular synthesizer or plug in)

I also re-opened a project i know for a fact i used the pitch bend wheel on, and it's not working there either.

It must be something in the midi environment / midi settings, but i cannot find anything.

I don't have any controller assignments.

I followed the guidelines here on how to restore Logic Pro X to it's original settings: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7163967 , restarted the computer. still doesn't work.

Please help! Thank you!!!

TheEnvironment.thumb.png.7c35f9d26f1e80dd5fde9e1113514e5e.png

#1 Go to Window

#2 Open MIDI Environment

#3 Switch to Click & Ports

#4 Make sure you see your MIDI Controller here

#5 Only if you see your MIDI Controller in #4, move your pitch bend, you should see the pitch bend data here.

I have the exact same problem and have been trying pretty much everything now.

To reiterate:

1. The keyboard (M-Audio Axiom 61) is clearly transmitting Pitch Wheel information (via USB) into the computer. Stand-alone instances of Synth plugs work just fine. Also the stand-alone MIDI-Monitor app shows Pitch Wheel data inside the computer.

2. Plug-ins inside Logic do NOT receive the PW data. Notes and other controllers work fine, though.

3. Checked the MIDI Environment (as suggested) and the Axiom 61 is one of the input sources. But the little built-in MIDI monitor does NOT show any PW data. Other data (notes, controllers) appears in the screen.

4. Recreating the Physical inputs did not fix the problem. I also cannot see ANY filters that would block PW data. Then again, there has to be something blocking it.

Thanks in advance for your help.

JK

Running Logic 10.5.1 on a Mac Pro 5.1 with OSX 10.14.6 (Mojave)

WTF! Yes, it works! Thank you so much for your help, David!

Now, the obvious next question is what I need to do to make my Mackie Control and XT work again ... :-)

Many thanks for your quick reply! I really appreciate it.

JK

Great! You're welcome.

What you need to do now is unbypass the control surfaces, then go to Logic Pro > Control Surfaces > Controller Assignments, find the assignment that uses the pitchbend data (try just moving the pitchbend wheel), select it and press delete to delete it.

Well, I found the problem. There was an extra instance of the Mackie Control Extender that was "transmitting" on the same MIDI In/Out connections. I deleted the rogue instance under "Control Surfaces" and "Setup" and now I have my controllers working AND pitch bend works. Pheeeew! Thanks again for your help!

Best, JK

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I tried the bypassing thing and it didn't work for me.  My pitch bender still doesn't work on my M-Audio Oxygen 25.  I even shut it off unplugged it and shut down logic and restarted it with a new project and I'm still not getting it to work.  Do you have any other suggestions that might help?  I would appreciate it very much