Returning after a long sabbatical and setting up Logic X on a 2015 MBP. My last time through I was on Logic 5 through 8 for many years so I can navigate fairly well still.
I followed this post, as well as a couple of others, to refresh myself. I've taken these steps:
1. Created an "alias" folder on the external T7 drive.
2. Brought the alias into the logic folder on my Mac after backing up then deleting the current folder.
3. I tested it. No issues so far there - I can open up and save things and the external drive and logic seem to be communicating just fine.
4. When I am actually in a project however, if I command S I get the dialog "The document (project name) could not be saved."
5. I tried two fixes suggested here - turn off the core audio and turn back on, and also the "consolidate" function. Neither have worked yet.
6. I also tried another suggestion to open the project, do a "save as" in the new folder and then reopen this and try there. I come up with the same issue.
Thanks in advance for any help. I've used your forums from the search side of things many times and it's always a huge help. First time posting here since restarting though.