Recording issue since updating to Lion

Ed Smith

I recently updated to Lion and have since discovered an issue when recording vocals. Everything was working fine during the recording session then suddenly when I stopped and re-started playback of the track, what was being sung into the mic could no longer be heard in the headphones. Logic was still picking up what was being sung into the mic, we just couldn't hear it in our headphones. Then when we stopped playing back the track we could hear what was being said into the mic. The only way I managed to resolve the issue was to select No Input on the track input settings and then to re-select Input 1. This happened several times during the recording session. Has anyone else come across this issue? I never had this issue when running Logic on Snow Leopard.

I'm using a Macbook Pro 2011 model running Lion and an Apogee Duet.

Make sure Auto Input Monitoring is selected under Options.

Thanks but it already was selected. The same problem happened again this afternoon in a session I was recording. Really annoying. I'm pretty sure it's a bug to do with Logic running on Lion. Has anyone else experienced it?

Did you install the October update for the Duet drivers for Lion? They came out of beta earlier this month so it is possible you missed the update and are still running the beta 2 or even beta 1 versions which had some weird little bugs in them..

http://www.apogeedigital.com/downloads.php

Thanks. Yes I have the latest drivers installed. I only updated to Lion once Apogee fully supported Lion. I did wonder if it was an issue with the latest Apogee driver for the Duet though rather than a Logic issue??