Logic developement over or...

warning

Is Logic Pro developement dead?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Is Logic Pro developement dead?

• Yes, they only focus on consumer products now.
    • No, the next update is so huge that they need more time
    • Yes, because they will enhance Soundtrack Pro and abandon Logic
    • Yes, because It's too fatiguing to keep up with Digi, Nuendo and... Garageband!!!

No. I can't speak for Logic 8, but also remember the amount of changes from Logic 6 to Logic 7. I'd expect something similar for Logic 8.

I'd expect at least Logic 7.3 to come out early next year to coincide with a new version of Garageband. That seems to be the trend now. Logic development is always ongoing, it's just that Apple might be taking the stance that if they announce new features in Logic it may show what to expect from iLife at Macworld. Because of how tied together Garageband and Logic are, I'm sure that Logic will always improve and be updated at least at the rate Garageband does.

Of course, that's probably not what most professionals want to hear.

NAMM is usually a good place to see what's on the horizon. It's in two weeks, so I'm sure many of us that are going will gladly post if we see something.

as we all know..Apple is 'famous' for NOT announcing anything, and quelling and and all rumors of product updates..So..my guess is that the next version of Logic will just 'show up' when it's ready to.

I can say, tho..that if we continue to see big ugrades in Garage Band and Sountrack Pro and NOT with Logic..the outcry will be severe. There's already functions/features in those programs that are VERY VERY good, that Logic simply doesn't have.

For example..the Sample Editor in Soundtrack Pro. Hell..I use -IT- instead of the Logic one all the time. Got a key command set up to access it.

Patience is in order (just look at the 'feature request' section of THIS website and ask yourself what it would take to write/test/debug all that code'.

:)

In your opinion Is Logic developement dead or contrarily the enhancements are so huge that it takes more time to come out with a major update?

Apple is notoriously tight-lipped and doesn't release any information about Logic's future. So I don't see how anyone can form an opinion on this unless they're an insider with Apple, in which case they wouldn't have to form an opinion, they'd simply KNOW.

Simply put, it's not possible to form an opinion when there's no information to base an opinion on. We can only speculate, guess, hope, pray, sacrifice a few lambs and chickens to the Logic gods to fix/update this program, but form an opinion? It's impossible to do.

Apple has positive momentum in the market. They are drawing Newbies to computing as well as Switchers to the platform, which leads me to believe they will continue to draw users with a cool upgrade. You know, stay on the leading edge of the wave.

In my corner of the musical world it is becoming apparent to lotso' folks, that cool happenings are manifesting with Logic. An upgrade would really fuel some word of mouth recomendations....